• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tell-tale Sign A Shadow Head BOB Near You Is A Replica! So BEWARE!

The thread that never dies!! I think this information is misleading to the forum and to buyers. I just sold a bobhead that was returned to me based off this information. Returning the head was fine because my main concern is always a happy buyer but based on something that is not fact is a ****ty thing to do to forum members. Plus it cost me $50 in shipping fees.

So my head show all the tell tale signs of what the original poster wrote is an original with the exception of the weight. Mine weighs 6 pounds. Fine lines are there, 4 pads are there, casting walls all look the same as what OP says are OEM, just the weight is different. Sitting here thinking about this and after reading through all these posts I remember when I got the head, don't remember from who, it was actually packed in styrofoam with plastic form fitted around the styrofoam in a cardboard box that was made just for the head. I can't imagine anyone replicating these going through the trouble or having the means to actually form fit the packing material. People should use caution when stating their opinions on what is a replica and what is not.

Also why has no one stepped up and answered the people who have posted pictures and asked if their bobhead was a replica? Because there is no backup to go along with their opinion.

I'll post mine when I get home just for S&G.

So here are my bob photos. As you can see it does not lean to the right or left.

BC177B67-F784-40E3-8727-B68AAAF80C21_zpsvhgtnr88.jpg

Lines are tight and clean

FABB728C-EF4E-47DD-8812-3EC4617CEBBF_zpsujlpihok.jpg

Bottom has the 4 pads, thin walls, no paint sprayed up into the inside.

DF5013CA-7121-495B-869A-CAEA4C67B9B6_zpsk95a2ybx.jpg

And then of course there is the weight.

DA62C20D-1A51-486A-99AA-52752F842C23_zpsn2m5njr6.jpg

I find it hard to believe that someone took the time to create a replica that all of what @pennyhoney claims are tell tale signs of an original but failed to match the weight. I also find it hard to believe with so many of these being mass produced the company hired to make them measured out 4.25 pounds "period" of casting material for each mold.

@gs300 I know this thread is several years old but did you ever get the chance to weigh yours and compare them to what is said to be authentic?

Last edited:
Spot on and the process for them is called a slush cast so they will all have different weights

Thanks @kronin323 and @Spenc I just seen another picture today where the weight was a pound under 4.25 so that is the point I am trying to make about say "4.25 period".

Thanks
Rene

Yes you did but the original person posting this has never came back to retract his statement. Instead people are still reflecting back to his "facts" and using them to determine original or recast. I don't think that's right. Especially when at the end he makes the comment "Rooks and Crooks" indicating anyone selling one not 4.25lbs is a crook. Had I known about this thread prior to listing mine for sale I would have tried to address issue before it was sold and returned.

:hi:Thanks to the information here, just save myself $500.00 for an "authentic" bob head recast, it has it all; the crooked lines , cheap paint, no pads ,un even base, made of plaster...

Latest Posts

Back