• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tell-tale Sign A Shadow Head BOB Near You Is A Replica! So BEWARE!

Yes it came from indonesia. This was my first bob so I had nothing to compare it to. I took it as a authentic product until today.
Yes it came from dragonforce888.

when it comes to bobs, or any other display item, it is very hard to tell if its fake or not. but you have to ask, what is and what isnt fake. oakley are in the eyewear business. not in the business of selling displays. they would get outside sources to supply displays i would imagine. ive never had a bob to know what is fake and what isnt. i am looking to get one further down the line, but before taking the plunge im learning alot from you guys.

WOW, well done Sir...thank you for all the work and info..I never even knew there were fake ones out there. I got mine as a gift from an RX Dealer friend of mine, But now im going to go check it. Thanks!

Yes it came from indonesia. This was my first bob so I had nothing to compare it to. I took it as a authentic product until today.
Yes it came from dragonforce888.

I will not buy or sell anything to indonisia from now on.

in response of what batwitheba is saying about the shadow bob that you bought from me i would like to inform our fellow o forum about the back ground of my transaction with batwitheba.

about 2 months ago the person above opens a thread wanting to trade romeo 1 with a shadow bob + cash us$100 dollars. (http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-x...tt-polished-romeo-1-shadow-bob-plus-cash.html) in response of the thread i contacted him by pm and made a deal to trade my shadow bob + some cash for his romeo 1. the deal was i send the shadow bob by express mail international from indonesia to the US. and he will send the r1 after receiving the shadow bob. after he received the shadow bob he sends the romeo 1 by 1st class mail international that costs him us$5 dollars for an item that was priced us$500 dollars (could you imangine? lol). oh may i inform you guys that i send the shadow bob by express mail international that costs me us$ 160 dollars.
the funny thing was that until now i haven't received the romeo 1, it's been 2 months more or less. usually even though sent by 1st class mail items from the us will arrive around 2 weeks. but i don't want to think negatively about this, even though up until now i haven't receive the r1 that was promised. but now why was i accused of deceiving him after he got a hold on of the shadow bob for about 2 months? isn't it a bit peculiar don't you think that he is making my country (indonesia) looks bad by his statements above.
and may i remind you that he was the one that wants to make a copy of a shadow bob, and i think have enough time to make them lol...
you guys on this forum knows better..

if you guys have more questions, you could contact me by pm or email.. thanks so much..

You might as well tell the whole story. The Romeo 1 was sent and was supposed to be returned returned to him by the post service because the package was damaged. I've seen the paperwork for it. You also tried to dodge import fees by only stating it's value at something super low, so that is not his problem/vault if it is lost and you get no compensation. Insurance and value identification is there for a reason.

If you're gonna bash him, might as well tell the truth.

And as far as making replicas, he never made any after oakleys legal said itd be a bad idea

You might as well tell the whole story. The Romeo 1 was sent and was supposed to be returned returned to him by the post service because the package was damaged. I've seen the paperwork for it. You also tried to dodge import fees by only stating it's value at something super low, so that is not his problem/vault if it is lost and you get no compensation. Insurance and value identification is there for a reason.

If you're gonna bash him, might as well tell the truth.

And as far as making replicas, he never made any after oakleys legal said itd be a bad idea

yes that's his explanation to me via pm, but when i cross checked to the indonesian post office, the officer told me that the item that he sent with the customs number that he gave me never even landed in indonesia. so it's hard to know if his information was accurate. why i asked for it to be undervalued i have my own reasons that can be explained by pm. and even though i asked the item to be under valued there's no reason why he should send it by a cheap shipment method. at least by priority mail, not by 1st class mail..

qtrain23: "And as far as making replicas, he never made any after oakleys legal said itd be a bad idea"

how can you be so sure? do you live with him :confused:?

Latest Posts

Back