• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ten Earstems! Ugh

Peter Gilley

Oakley Beginner
I have been thinking about getting some tens, but everytime i do i see those earstems that look like they were screwed up in production. I don't understand why they didn't make the earstem fit into the groove in the frame. It just doesn't look right! Am i the only one who has noticed this?

I have similar feelings about the stems on pairs like the current Straight Jacket, Monster Dog/Pup, Valve, Scar, anything else with peaks on the stems.

The Tens don't bother me all that much. One of the most comfortable frames for me.

I know how Herbsley feels about the Ten's earstems lol...im waiting for his comment on this thread.

Personally they don't bother me. Just not to crazy about the frame is all. Never was a big fan of 'active' style frames.

Funnily enough, my now-legendary feelings on the Ten remain unchanged. All together now - Ugly Hinges!

Search on "Herbsley" and "hinges" and watch your monitor burst into flames.

I like my frame design sleek.

It's just me then! haha
Well they do say that always being right doesn't mean always being popular.

Looking at the shots on Oakley.com . . . do you not think that they look like one bloke designed the frame and another designed the earstems? Then, after months of working alone, and computer modelling late into the night, they finally had a meeting together and put their work next to each other? Doh!

"I thought you were gunna make a big flat bit to join my bit onto!"

"Well I thought you were gunna make a pointy bit for my pointy bit to join onto!"

"And your lines don't flow onto my lines!"

"Well we've put all this work in for nothing! All those nights alone in my office! What will I tell my boss? And my wife?"

<Head-scratching while looking at chunky frame and pointy ear-stem>

" . . . . . Agh, fk it. Hinge 'em together. No-one will notice."

<under his breath> "I bet that bloody Herb does . . . "

And lo, the Ten was born.

lol that was great.

What are H's thoughts on the fuel cell? I personally love that frame albeit a bit snug around the ears.

This will shock you, but I actually really quite like the look of the Fuel Cell. A nice clean design.
It's a shame it doesn't suit me.
I bought the OO Polarised when they first came out, but returned them. It goes back to the fact that I shave my head, and any frame with straight ear-stems cause an indentation mark above my ear where they grip my head.
Not a problem when I wear them.
Bit of a problem when I take them off.

It's just me then! haha
Well they do say that always being right doesn't mean always being popular.

Looking at the shots on Oakley.com . . . do you not think that they look like one bloke designed the frame and another designed the earstems? Then, after months of working alone, and computer modelling late into the night, they finally had a meeting together and put their work next to each other? Doh!

"I thought you were gunna make a big flat bit to join my bit onto!"

"Well I thought you were gunna make a pointy bit for my pointy bit to join onto!"

"And your lines don't flow onto my lines!"

"Well we've put all this work in for nothing! All those nights alone in my office! What will I tell my boss? And my wife?"

<Head-scratching while looking at chunky frame and pointy ear-stem>

" . . . . . Agh, fk it. Hinge 'em together. No-one will notice."

<under his breath> "I bet that bloody Herb does . . . "

And lo, the Ten was born.

that cracks me up lmao and I have to agree, the tens are def not one of my favorites....and I blame the stems lol

Latest Posts

Back