• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Terrible Experience with ‘OakleyOneKenobi’

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlondeFella

Oakley Beginner
So I thought I would share my recent terrible experience with one of the members on here. To say it has been my worst online interaction with regards to buying / selling from anyone would be an understatement.

I’m sure some of you may have had a positive interaction with ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ (formally NuttyOAK13Y) and by posting this I might be leaving myself open to a ‘roasting’ but I feel I must post about my recent interaction with him.

Sorry it’s a long post.

I recently posted in the ‘Oakley X-Metal Discussion’ section that I was looking for someone preferably in the UK to repair some scratches and a small dent to my polished Juliet frames. Every reply to this thread told me to contact ‘Wavecloud’ but as there was a ‘very large sticky’ also in the ‘Oakley X-Metal Discussion’ section about ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ despite some questionable posts about his past performance I thought I would contact him as well as ‘Wavecloud’.​

Unfortunately for me, ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ contacted me before ‘Wavecloud’ did.​

Initially, everything started out well with ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ telling that he could repair my frames for £20 plus £7.55 for postage to return them. I asked him if he had any soft x-vaults for sale and ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ informed me he had 2 vaults on his ebay site. (£40 plus postage each). Weirdly ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ had 2 ebay accounts, the x-vaults were on one account and he had some custom cut chrome lens on his other ebay account (£50 plus postage).

On the basis of the following costs, I asked ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ if he would take £100 posted for the frame repair, an x-vault and lens and to my delight he accepted.
  • Had he sold the x-vault for £40 & £3 postage after ebay fees he would have received approximately: £31.58
  • Had he sold the lens for £50 & £5 postage after ebay fees he would have received approximately: £38.30
  • Polishing of frames: £20
  • Postage; £7.55
  • Total: £97.43
Picture1.png

I sent my frames that day and they arrived with ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ shortly afterwards.

‘OakleyOneKenobi’ took delivery of my frames and he contacted me to say that he had totally removed all of the damage and they were ready to send back to me.

It was at this point things went down hill.

‘OakleyOneKenobi’ sent me a message saying that he wanted me to send him £107.55. (£100 for the frame polishing, x-vault and lens and £7.55 for postage).

Picture1.png

I replied saying that I thought we had agreed on £100 posted with a screen shot of the conversation.

Picture1.png

His response to my message was unexpected, irrational and completely over the top. ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ told me ‘I was trying to knock down the price of the lens and repair’ and to forget about the x-vault and lens and to just pay the £7.55 postage to send my frames back.

Picture1.png

I replied to this message asking ‘where has this come from?’ and that he has previously agreed on the price of £100 posted.

My wife bought my Oakley Juliets’ for me when I was going through a personal crisis and they have great sentimental value to me as a result. As I was so concerned about the behaviour of ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ and wanted to ensure that I actually got my frames sent back to me I agreed to pay the £107.55 that ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ had asked for within 15 minutes of his post asking for the increased cost.

Picture1.png

The next day ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ sent me another unwarranted and irrational post stating; “Send £7.55. “You will get your frame back, I don’t want any money off you. Just don’t ever come back to me for anything again”.

I just couldn’t believe what I was reading as his whole response was a massive over reaction to what was obviously just a misunderstanding between the two of us.

Picture1.png

I asked ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ for his PayPal address.

He replied with the address but also wrote; “You’re a Joke M8”. He did this not once but twice.

<Removed contains personal information>

Although ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ had stated that he just wanted me to send him £7.55 for postage and didn’t want any money from me, I informed him that I was still going to send him the £20 that we had agreed for the frame polishing as well as the £7.55 for postage.
Once I had PayPal’d £27.55 to him I sent him a message that the funds had been sent.

Picture1.png

Three days later ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ sent me a sarcastic / facetious message saying; “well done’. I responded to this message asking ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ to send the tracking number to me.

Picture1.png

Much to my surprise despite not receiving a tracking number my frames have been delivered back to me. I'm really happy to have them back as I truly believed they may have gotten 'lost in the post' and would be gone forever.

The small dent and scratches are gone but there now seems to be a lot of flex / movement in the nose piece that I'm not convinced was there before I sent them to him.

I’m just glad to get them back though to be honest and I assume that I can get them ‘tuned’ by someone more stable and reputable in the future.

What makes the behaviour of ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ even more irrational is that he relisted the soft metal x-vaults on ebay for less money than I was going to give him especially after paying fees. One was now priced at £25 (+£2.95 postage) and the other at £35 (+£2.95 postage).

Take from this what you will, but I won’t be recommending ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ that’s for sure.

Picture1.png

Last edited:
Seems a quick escalation and maybe a bit of miscommunication but could have been easily dealt with.

Play nice chaps.
The guy was the biggest prick I have ever come across. He left out that I won't pay for postage back. I took it as he wanted the Frame repaired. (Oh, I ripped him off on that £20!!!! Took the big dent out of the frame and polished the whole frame! He's knocked £20 off so, his repair was free and wanted me to pay £7.55 as well to send them back! He's a complete whining bitch. Steer clear off this crackhead. Unbelievable!

The guy was the biggest prick I have ever come across. He left out that I won't pay for postage back. I took it as he wanted the Frame repaired. (Oh, I ripped him off on that £20!!!! Took the big dent out of the frame and polished the whole frame! He's knocked £20 off so, his repair was free and wanted me to pay £7.55 as well to send them back! He's a complete whining bitch. Steer clear off this crackhead. Unbelievable!
OMG ...

The proof is in your messages buddy for all to see.

When did I say I wouldn't pay for postage? Please screen shot it as proof.

Your language speaks volumes about your personality.

You mention in many posts that you like to smoke weed and we all know that can make people paranoid and irrational.

You ended up losing more money by acting the way you did.

So I thought I would share my recent terrible experience with one of the members on here. To say it has been my worst online interaction with regards to buying / selling from anyone would be an understatement.

I’m sure some of you may have had a positive interaction with ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ (formally NuttyOAK13Y) and by posting this I might be leaving myself open to a ‘roasting’ but I feel I must post about my recent interaction with him.

Sorry it’s a long post.

I recently posted in the ‘Oakley X-Metal Discussion’ section that I was looking for someone preferably in the UK to repair some scratches and a small dent to my polished Juliet frames. Every reply to this thread told me to contact ‘Wavecloud’ but as there was a ‘very large sticky’ also in the ‘Oakley X-Metal Discussion’ section about ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ despite some questionable posts about his past performance I thought I would contact him as well as ‘Wavecloud’.​

Unfortunately for me, ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ contacted me before ‘Wavecloud’ did.​

Initially, everything started out well with ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ telling that he could repair my frames for £20 plus £7.55 for postage to return them. I asked him if he had any soft x-vaults for sale and ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ informed me he had 2 vaults on his ebay site. (£40 plus postage each). Weirdly ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ had 2 ebay accounts, the x-vaults were on one account and he had some custom cut chrome lens on his other ebay account (£50 plus postage).

On the basis of the following costs, I asked ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ if he would take £100 posted for the frame repair, an x-vault and lens and to my delight he accepted.
  • Had he sold the x-vault for £40 & £3 postage after ebay fees he would have received approximately: £31.58
  • Had he sold the lens for £50 & £5 postage after ebay fees he would have received approximately: £38.30
  • Polishing of frames: £20
  • Postage; £7.55
  • Total: £97.43
View attachment 947543

I sent my frames that day and they arrived with ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ shortly afterwards.

‘OakleyOneKenobi’ took delivery of my frames and he contacted me to say that he had totally removed all of the damage and they were ready to send back to me.

It was at this point things went down hill.

‘OakleyOneKenobi’ sent me a message saying that he wanted me to send him £107.55. (£100 for the frame polishing, x-vault and lens and £7.55 for postage).

View attachment 947544

I replied saying that I thought we had agreed on £100 posted with a screen shot of the conversation.

View attachment 947545

His response to my message was unexpected, irrational and completely over the top. ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ told me ‘I was trying to knock down the price of the lens and repair’ and to forget about the x-vault and lens and to just pay the £7.55 postage to send my frames back.

View attachment 947546

I replied to this message asking ‘where has this come from?’ and that he has previously agreed on the price of £100 posted.

My wife bought my Oakley Juliets’ for me when I was going through a personal crisis and they have great sentimental value to me as a result. As I was so concerned about the behaviour of ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ and wanted to ensure that I actually got my frames sent back to me I agreed to pay the £107.55 that ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ had asked for within 15 minutes of his post asking for the increased cost.

View attachment 947547

The next day ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ sent me another unwarranted and irrational post stating; “Send £7.55. “You will get your frame back, I don’t want any money off you. Just don’t ever come back to me for anything again”.

I just couldn’t believe what I was reading as his whole response was a massive over reaction to what was obviously just a misunderstanding between the two of us.

View attachment 947549

I asked ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ for his PayPal address.

He replied with the address but also wrote; “You’re a Joke M8”. He did this not once but twice.

<Removed contains personal information>

Although ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ had stated that he just wanted me to send him £7.55 for postage and didn’t want any money from me, I informed him that I was still going to send him the £20 that we had agreed for the frame polishing as well as the £7.55 for postage.
Once I had PayPal’d £27.55 to him I sent him a message that the funds had been sent.

View attachment 947551

Three days later ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ sent me a sarcastic / facetious message saying; “well done’. I responded to this message asking ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ to send the tracking number to me.

View attachment 947552

Much to my surprise despite not receiving a tracking number my frames have been delivered back to me. I'm really happy to have them back as I truly believed they may have gotten 'lost in the post' and would be gone forever.

The small dent and scratches are gone but there now seems to be a lot of flex / movement in the nose piece that I'm not convinced was there before I sent them to him.

I’m just glad to get them back though to be honest and I assume that I can get them ‘tuned’ by someone more stable and reputable in the future.

What makes the behaviour of ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ even more irrational is that he relisted the soft metal x-vaults on ebay for less money than I was going to give him especially after paying fees. One was now priced at £25 (+£2.95 postage) and the other at £35 (+£2.95 postage).

Take from this what you will, but I won’t be recommending ‘OakleyOneKenobi’ that’s for sure.

View attachment 947550
You absolute POS. You are the saddest, most ridiculous person I have ever come across on this forum. I have done thousands of jobs for people on here and it takes a prat like you to try and make me look a bad repairer. Well, you just broke the rules of the forum by posting this crap and I will have it removed. If you are not happy, use feedback! Oh, he didn't tell you all that I only asked for the postage of £7.55 and he could have the repair for free!!!!!!! What a joke, you tight arse whining SOB!

17A1E250-033B-42FD-AFCE-D92559C864A7_1_201_a.jpeg

You absolute POS. You are the saddest, most ridiculous person I have ever come across on this forum. I have done thousands of jobs for people on here and it takes a prat like you to try and make me look a bad repairer. Well, you just broke the rules of the forum by posting this crap and I will have it removed. If you are not happy, use feedback! Oh, he didn't tell you all that I only asked for the postage of £7.55 and he could have the repair for free!!!!!!! What a joke, you tight arse whining SOB!

View attachment 947563

LOL

You mention in many posts that you like to smoke weed and we all know that can make people paranoid and irrational.

The proof is, you are gonna get checked off the forum. Listen tight arse, nobody will want to go near a prat like you and your tight arsed offers. I did you favour by knocking down stuff for you and you repay me like this? You're an idiot.

OMG ...

Didn't lose anything lol. I have sold both items you wanted for full price. Check my eBay fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back