• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TESLA model 3

If you were to drive to Dallas, you'd have to stop and charge at the Tesla charger in Waco. I like Tesla, but for the driving I do, it really isn't for me. If it could go 1,000 miles per charge or something, then I would be very interested. I'll stick to my terrible gas mileage and the rumble of a V8!
EARTH KILLER!!!!!!

Says the person who drives an H1 along with 1000+HP super cars

That is a sweet every day car.. Have the 500 hp sports for weekends and days off
I definitely think the future is less reliance on fossil fuels and more reliance on renewable energy...

I could definitely use this car as an everyday work (15 mins each way) grocery car and visit the family car (10-45 mins away)

While it may be a chore to keep it 'fuelled' ... Around here some shopping malls and grocery stores are already have plug in sites to recharge while you shop.

It's starting to catch on slowly, and with cheaper than most electricity available around here, local studies have shown that you're winning financially when you compare the electricity and maintenance costs for an electric Vs a traditional combustion engine vehicle.

The only unknown is how the cold weather affects battery's in the long long run ... Like 7-8 yrs + ...

But I'll assume the 10 warranty is made purposely to cover that kind of problem ...

Personally I could never switch 100% to electric (for now) because i like to drive down the East Coast without having to stop and charge every 4 hours (and mostly likely even less with a radio, gps, air conditioner sucking up all the juice)

TWSS

No offense brother, but what kind of a man hopes for a future filled with electric cars? What about the rumble of a big block Chevy? The smell of race gas? The growl of a Ferrari V12 or the roar of the V10 strapped to the middle of a Lambo? When I dream of cars, I think about a vehicle that shakes pictures off the walls when started in the garage, not one you plug into the wall of the garage. When I dream of cars, I hear the whistle of a supercharger, not the hum of a Chevy Volt. I could give a rat's a$$ if a Tesla Model S can do 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, it has no soul.

You can still keep the fun car for weekends, but if every man needed a V8 we'd be out of oil a few years ago :p

Here in Norway they are building a decent network for supercharging electric cars and for most driving the current range is plenty. With supercharging the practical range is a lot longer since it recharges to about 80% in the time it takes to have a burger and a cup of coffee. The P85+ is a fun car to drive even without the roar of a normal engine. I'll keep my 1967 Porsche, but realistically one of our 3 cars will be an electric one within a few years. At the moment there is no electric substitute for the Landcruiser, but for most commuters an electric car is a good alternative (doesn't have to be a Tesla).

You can still keep the fun car for weekends, but if every man needed a V8 we'd be out of oil a few years ago :p

Here in Norway they are building a decent network for supercharging electric cars and for most driving the current range is plenty. With supercharging the practical range is a lot longer since it recharges to about 80% in the time it takes to have a burger and a cup of coffee. The P85+ is a fun car to drive even without the roar of a normal engine. I'll keep my 1967 Porsche, but realistically one of our 3 cars will be an electric one within a few years. At the moment there is no electric substitute for the Landcruiser, but for most commuters an electric car is a good alternative (doesn't have to be a Tesla).

Hahahah as if he can afford the cheapest ferrari lol. Thats true u can keep your fun car and use the electirc on a daily basis nothing wrong with that, but really dont be dumb practicality is whats important here if money aint an issue well go for a v8 and drive it all around daily, but who is doing that? Maybe a few. The lesson here you have an option now to go full electric and its obvious middle class who can afford it will definately get one because its cheaper and more practical. The car aint no scrub either its awesome and good looking inside out so its really a win win. It may not be for everybody, but i believe it is for the majority.

Latest Posts

Back