• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Oakley is built on innovation for sports. And this dedication to performance has created some of the most popular sunglasses today. But it’s also come with a price.
Today we’re exploring how Oakley continues to be one of the top luxury brands in eyewear today, and why Oakley sunglasses are so expensive. Let’s get started.
Oakley Prices Over Time
Looking at the history of Oakley prices, we can see a steady increase in the cost of their sunglasses over the last 4 decades. But when we compare this to inflation, it gets more interesting.
As you can see in the graphic below, Oakley prices have increased from as low as $60 at the start up to $300+ for some of the most popular pairs.
But as we adjust for inflation, you see that the prices of Oakley have remained about steady across history, even decreasing slightly in recent years...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• Oakley-Prices-Over-Time.png
    Oakley-Prices-Over-Time.png
    239.7 KB · Views: 95
    452.3 KB · Views: 61
    452.3 KB · Views: 56
    452.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
They're durable, fit me well, and are attractive.
Choices of colors, lens color, lens shapes upon buying so you don't have to order more stuff to make them the way you want them.
Different lenses and earsocks available.
If taken care of, they last forever.
I've got a pair of M2s (worn nearly every day) that I purchased about 12 years ago that are nearly flawless, even the black iridium lens.
I don't mind spending more bucks on stuff like this.
The additional money spent compels me to take care of them.
Just bought new pair of Radar EVs.
I like them even better than the M2s.

What's expensive to me is poor quality that needs replacement as a result of it.

Well with me it started out when I was 10 or 11 riding bmx. Just happen to like anything Oakley,Vans,mongoose or redline.

Latest Posts

Back