• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Age Of Disposable Income

• Thread starter Deleted member 24326
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24326

I’ll tell a brief’ish story. As a teen, I raced road bicycles semi-pro. This was in the mid 1980’s. The first time I ever remember loving a company, it was Oakley and Kestrel. Oakley was a new company that was creating functional art that nobody ever thought of. They put forth so much effort into creating an image and amazing products that were always and forever evolving. They were making products for a sport I loved. I was a very passionate fan of Oakley. My first car had huge O A K L E Y letters on my windshield. As I grew older I bought a lot of Oakley stuff and as they began to sell clothing, I continued. I bought most of the X-Metal glasses. This was at a time when, at least to my knowledge, nobody’s “collected” Oakley’s. I’m talking around the birth of the internet and before eBay. As I “matured” my passion waned. I sold off most all of my glasses, for such small amounts of money, I’m ashamed to say, but at the time they were just used glasses. And so as is ALWAYS the case through all of time, I aged and reached a stage where I have time and disposable income. Next month I’m buying my fantasy car and I’ll be renovating my garage into a sort of man cave/theater/garage. In this dream I’ve had forever, I imagined having an Oakley display case containing my favorites and appreciate pos materials. And so a couple weeks ago my Oakley purchasing began. I’ve bought a pair of the Jordan X-Metals, Infinite Hero Juliet’s, Pit Boss 1&2’s, and a stunning pair of Juliet’s in Copper.... along with a bunch of POS stuff. I believe I’ve located the cabinet.
Anyways, I figured I’d find a forum and meet like minded people since nobody in my world understands why anyone would care so much about Oakley’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome to the forum.

We are honored to be with you on your journey while you re-establish your collection and build your mancave.

You should start a thread dedicated to your journey and update us frequently with pictures along the way

Welcome to the forum.

We are honored to be with you on your journey while you re-establish your collection and build your mancave.

You should start a thread dedicated to your journey and update us frequently with pictures along the way

I truly appreciate all of the welcomes!! Wasn’t certain how active the forum was. Is there a place specifically for such a thread? Or just use the general section?

I truly appreciate all of the welcomes!! Wasn’t certain how active the forum was. Is there a place specifically for such a thread? Or just use the general section?

We are kinda active. You need a couple posts and two weeks time. Then you can get into the exchange section. That's where you will find what you need

Back