• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Aviator sunglasses are a classic style that changed eyewear forever. And it’s no surprise that the biggest brands like Oakley offer a wide variety of these sunglasses, combining the classic design with the latest in performance eyewear technology!
Keep reading as we review everything to know about aviator sunglasses. Plus the best Oakley aviator sunglasses of this year!
And for more great picks, check out the Best Oakley Sunglasses of This Year!

What are Aviator Sunglasses?
Aviator sunglasses are a style of eyewear typically characterized by thin metal frames and large lenses often twice as large as the eye. But to really understand aviators, you need to know their history.
After World War I, military pilots complained of constantly having to wear flying goggles that were...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
The Plaintiff and Elmont were probably the best looking Aviator models from the Oakley Stable. Split Time, although a Womens frame, is a nice looker as well.

I’d say no. The Contrails are aviators.
I’d also say no. The whisker and square wire are not aviators. I’ve heard some people compare the ejector to an aviator but I’d say that is a stretch too. The contrail, crosshair, and gauge models definately ARE aviators in my mind.

Back