• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The best way to clean the Oakley lenses

RotorBolt

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone!

What is the best way to clean the Oakley lenses , and to avoid scratches?

After some use I always use to clean them with warm water, then water and mild soap, and den only water + microfiber cloth.

On some lenses I have like 'lime' spots residue from water drying, and I am not able to remove them, will the original Oakley cleankit/hydrophobic solution fix this?
(They do not obstruct vision, but I am very carefully about having perfect lenses)

So any tips for any chemical not harmful to the Oakley lenses would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Rotor!

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

What is the best way to clean the Oakley lenses , and to avoid scratches?

After some use I always use to clean them with warm water, then water and mild soap, and den only water + microfiber cloth.

On some lenses I have like 'lime' spots residue from water drying, and I am not able to remove them, will the original Oakley cleankit/hydrophobic solution fix this?
(They do not obstruct vision, but I am very carefully about having perfect lenses)

So any tips for any chemical not harmful to the Oakley lenses would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Rotor!

Also, do you have pics of these lime residue spots? Maybe it’s just residue from the soap you’re using?

Also, do you have pics of these lime residue spots? Maybe it’s just residue from the soap you’re using?
Any lime residue is from hard water. So you can get over that by using distilled or softened water.
Softened wafter also has cons. It’s a mild acid. So soft water for example will take grout out of tiles as it is searching for calcium.

Back