• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Customize Your Oakley Thread...

what chromes lenses you got? my Jawbone lenses will arrive today also but I'm gonna try to cut it for my Romeo 1 too..im just tired of looking for optometrist here in our area. my problem now is what tool should I use to cut it.
They are plaintiff replacement lenses.

What colour did you get for yours?

They are plaintiff replacement lenses.

What colour did you get for yours?

that's going to be awesome for your Romeo man! well, I just bought the persimmon jawbone lens for trial purposes. I got it for $13 bucks. I dont want to buy the $75 dollar fire iridium jawbone lens and waste it if I didnt do it right. If this is successful, then I'll definitely go get some other colors, polarized, etc. I bought my dremel 4000, flex shaft, 545 diamond wheel 20 mins ago and cost me $132!! lol yeah, all for this DIY custom lenses! If this is just waste of time, i'll return them. lol

I just wanna try, that's it. :cool:

that's going to be awesome for your Romeo man! well, I just bought the persimmon jawbone lens for trial purposes. I got it for $13 bucks. I dont want to buy the $75 dollar fire iridium jawbone lens and waste it if I didnt do it right. If this is successful, then I'll definitely go get some other colors, polarized, etc. I bought my dremel 4000, flex shaft, 545 diamond wheel 20 mins ago and cost me $132!! lol yeah, all for this DIY custom lenses! If this is just waste of time, i'll return them. lol

I just wanna try, that's it. :cool:
Dude, that's awesome. And smart idea going with the cheap lenses first.

You have got to post whatever happens in this thread, I'm sure everyone wants to see it. And if you don't succeed the first time don't give up. Just get some more cheap lenses to work with. I'm sure it will come out great.

This has my interest peaked.. How do I go about finding what lens would be a good match to use in the X Metal XX Frames?
I would go visit an optometrist who's willing to cut the lenses for you. I don't imagine the curve would be that much different than from the Romeo so Plaintiffs would probably work. I'd check with the optometrist first though.

I've just sent in my Romeo's to get fit with Chrome lenses. I'll post when it's done.

I would go visit an optometrist who's willing to cut the lenses for you. I don't imagine the curve would be that much different than from the Romeo so Plaintiffs would probably work. I'd check with the optometrist first though.

I've just sent in my Romeo's to get fit with Chrome lenses. I'll post when it's done.

Cool Deal, Although I think I will be fine now that I have a pair of X metal that I can get lenses for. My XX will stay as they are

Finally got the Romeo1s back with Chrome lenses... very cool. Lots of 'pop'. I'll post a pic this wknd.

I'm looking to alter the Half X lens if I do purchase one. Do you know if a belt sander and a dremel combined will do the trick? I'm afraid of sanding down the lenses...but don't really know what else to do. Any suggestions either?

I'm looking to alter the Half X lens if I do purchase one. Do you know if a belt sander and a dremel combined will do the trick? I'm afraid of sanding down the lenses...but don't really know what else to do. Any suggestions either?

belt sander's probably good for the coarse work, but i would use the dremel when it comes to the fine work and sand by hand.. tape the lenses like j the o-review article to stop scratches

Latest Posts

Back