• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Extremely Rare Juliet CO2

It's not the price that irked me. It's the ambiguous wording that might lead someone to believe they're buying some sort of special edition.

This is what is in his description:

"Two pairs of Juliets were used to achieve this frame combo (Carbon and X-metal frames). The Carbon came from a brand new frame while the X-metal is a mint pre-owned frame. Please expect little wear on the X-metal parts."

I think it's clearly stated what he did to achieve this. I'm not backing up the seller but I think it's clear that he had this pair made. Perhaps the part about Oakley doing it might be subject to question but like someone said, it's who you know.

I think the pair looks neat. Not like I would take apart two pairs to make it though and I definitely wouldn't pay that price for one.

Just my
th2cents.gif

C02 sounds like a name given to the pair by Oakley. Anyone buying $400 Juliet's should know better. I hope.
I could buy one Twinkie for that price!!!

its clear in the description how he made it, so unless you cant read then i dont see a problem?

I'll check it when I get home but I definitely remember quoting the line I thought was too ambiguous in an earlier post. It's not an issue of comprehension or reading ability, it's an issue with the seller's choice of wording.

Yeah, this paragraph.

"Very rare custom frame combo that Oakley never made. The X-metal CO2 (Carbon and X-metal). This is a similar concept as Oakley's TiO2 (Titanium and X-metal) frame combo that were released few years ago except this pair is Carbon and X-metal. Complete service of this frame customization was done at Oakley. This pair feature Carbon nosebridge and ear stems with X-metal orbitals. It comes with a pre-owned Original Oakley Ice iridium lenses. Still in very good condition with very light cleaning marks on lenses. Marks are difficult to see and doesn't obstruct with vision. Item/s pictured is/are the exact item/s auctioned."

I'm nowhere near as learned as some of the other members here when it comes to metals but I know a fair amount. If the ad is enough to give me pause and make me read way into it, your average buyer would me much more inclined to think they were bidding on a rare pair.

He is no better then a few other sellers on there that buy linegear stuff strip the frame down sell the parts separate then dress it up with "custom" stuff never offered by Oakley and sell it for ridiculous prices. We have talked about theses sellers before. What we need to realize is there are people that will buy it....

For example:

SOLD OUT... ANYWHERE!!!

Extremely Rare PIECE

COLLECTOR's ITEM!! ONLY HERE!!

REWARD YOURSELF!!

Don't Wait... Buy-Now is Available!!!

IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND ANYWHERE!!

<<< SOLD OUT MODEL >>>

Model: Oakley X-METAL JULIET

Frame: X-METAL

Lens: DARK RUBY IRIDIUM

<< REAL X-MEN LOOK >>

MINT/NEW!! FLAWLESS FRAME and LENS!!

Brand / Model

OAKLEY X-Metal JULIET
Frame Color

X-METAL

Frame Material

X-Metal

DARK RUBY

Note: AUTHENTIC OAKLEY LENS!! MY ONLY Pair in Hiding!!! VERY HARD-TO-FIND THESE DAY and TIME!!! GRAB IT BEFORE IT GONE IN CIRCULATION!!!

IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR FUNCTIONALITY, WITHOUT ANNOUNCING SERIAL #S, THIS ONE'S FOR YOU!!!!

TRULY A COLLECTOR'S ITEM!!

ALSO... item is ON HAND, READY TO SHIP!! Not coming off from somewhere!!

If you want just ordinary, regular oakley... there's a bunch of other sellers you can go to. Am offering STAND OUT sunglasses!! That would make people ask you... "Where'd you get that?!"

Yeah, this paragraph.

"Very rare custom frame combo that Oakley never made. The X-metal CO2 (Carbon and X-metal). This is a similar concept as Oakley's TiO2 (Titanium and X-metal) frame combo that were released few years ago except this pair is Carbon and X-metal. Complete service of this frame customization was done at Oakley. This pair feature Carbon nosebridge and ear stems with X-metal orbitals. It comes with a pre-owned Original Oakley Ice iridium lenses. Still in very good condition with very light cleaning marks on lenses. Marks are difficult to see and doesn't obstruct with vision. Item/s pictured is/are the exact item/s auctioned."

I'm nowhere near as learned as some of the other members here when it comes to metals but I know a fair amount. If the ad is enough to give me pause and make me read way into it, your average buyer would me much more inclined to think they were bidding on a rare pair.

did you keep reading? he goes on to say EXPLICITLY that the frame was constructed from two seperate frames.

"Two pairs of Juliets were used to achieve this frame combo (Carbon and X-metal frames). The Carbon came from a brand new frame while the X-metal is a mint pre-owned frame. Please expect little wear on the X-metal parts."

you couldnt have missed it, its right there under the paragraph you just quoted.. but conveniently left out.

if anything the only thing to be upset about is that he came up with a name for the combination. "CO2" isnt a legit term but its what he wants to call it. words like 'rare' and 'vintage' get thrown all over ebay anyway so i disagree that anything about this listing is misleading. everything is stated clearly.

if you are upset about pricing, thats at your own discretion to buy or not to buy. people list romeos with walleva lens for $1000 on the regular dont they? and others list monster dogs for over $300 with a paintjob.. so i dont see why all this fuss is all about..?