• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Extremely Rare Juliet CO2

I think a lot of how one feels about this kind of thing is dependant on what you feel constitutes a genuine pair of Oakley sunglasses,for me the frame lenses and rubber must be made by Oakley.I dont mind custom cut lenses made from Oakley material but once you put non non-Oakley lenses in you have lost the essense of what Oakley is about -optical superiority.When you start dismantling frames and cobbling together parts that Oakley never intended to put together ,you don't have an Oakley frame ,you have a nameless piece of junk made of Oakley componants and it should be advertised as such,not presented to people as some kind of rare and exotic Oakley.

It's not the price that irked me. It's the ambiguous wording that might lead someone to believe they're buying some sort of special edition.

its clear in the description how he made it, so unless you cant read then i dont see a problem?

Maybe you have the reading issue?

did you keep reading? he goes on to say EXPLICITLY that the frame was constructed from two seperate frames.

"Two pairs of Juliets were used to achieve this frame combo (Carbon and X-metal frames). The Carbon came from a brand new frame while the X-metal is a mint pre-owned frame. Please expect little wear on the X-metal parts."

you couldnt have missed it, its right there under the paragraph you just quoted.. but conveniently left out.

if anything the only thing to be upset about is that he came up with a name for the combination. "CO2" isnt a legit term but its what he wants to call it. words like 'rare' and 'vintage' get thrown all over ebay anyway so i disagree that anything about this listing is misleading. everything is stated clearly.

if you are upset about pricing, thats at your own discretion to buy or not to buy. people list romeos with walleva lens for $1000 on the regular dont they? and others list monster dogs for over $300 with a paintjob.. so i dont see why all this fuss is all about..?

Obviously you have your opinion and I have mine. Others seem to see it my way and maybe someone sees it your way. When someone puts 1000% Oakley in their description, and it's not made by Oakley it's shady. BUT WAIT, it WAS made by Oakley because he goes on to say that. Which muddies the water that much more.

IWhen you start dismantling frames and cobbling together parts that Oakley never intended to put together ,you don't have an Oakley frame ,you have a nameless piece of junk made of Oakley componants and it should be advertised as such,not presented to people as some kind of rare and exotic Oakley.

Exactly. I could put one red earsock, a rootbeer nosebomb, an IH purple earsock and black t shocks on a carbon frame and call it the UAF Edition (ugly as fukc) Juliet and label it 1000% Oakley and RARE and that would technically be true right?

The parts that irks me the most is that he gives his cruddy colorway a name, saying it's TiO2 but with Carbon, so it's Oakley CO2!

Which is blatantly false, and makes him look like an idiot to me. TiO2 is a finish used in cutting tools and lends to the titanium frame. CO2 is what you exhale, greenhouse gas, a product of combustion, not in any way similar to TiO2.

He says he cobbled it together, but in my mind he's trying to pass off that he made an ultra rare or prototype colorway out of parts.

He says he cobbled it together, but in my mind he's trying to pass off that he made an ultra rare or prototype colorway out of parts.

This is exactly what he's trying to so.

Just like when he sold that "ultra rare" 0.3 that he made himself. It's cool, but it sold for a crazy amount because of the wording he used to lead on that its original. This one is slightly better but still has that 'feel' if you will

i think its wrong to name a frame like CO2 and say they are rare. some newbies like myself would definitely buy them thinking that i have a rare piece. IMO what he wrote on the description is misleading even if he told that he got pieces from different glasses to make the CO2....

how in the world is this not clear?

"Two pairs of Juliets were used to achieve this frame combo (Carbon and X-metal frames). The Carbon came from a brand new frame while the X-metal is a mint pre-owned frame. Please expect little wear on the X-metal parts."