• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The eye doc, and good people

Trucker360

Last of the cowboys
New castle
So I went and had an exam today. First one in like 7 years. Well I need rx help for my eyes. No biggie. So exam and the ladies working are not too keen on all the oakley knowledge I have. Oh well. So then the doc comes in. Finds my rx and bam I can see! Like see perfect. Nice. So usually they show you pics of your eyes. Incould care less. He says "I like your oakley watch". Well I'm wearing an oakley beanie, mm have my juliets in a bag and have my new racing jackets on my head. But the watch don't say oakley unless you look close, which isn't really going to happen. Bam were having a 15-20 min oakley convo and I'm loving it. So he tells me about his oakley rep. I'm like hey I could use to talk to him. Well that's an odd statement when you're the middle man on sales. I told him it wasn't to get frames, I need an oakley table top display for my collection. This leads to pictures of like 25-30 pair and why I need such a thing. He said he'll get with his rep and see about getting me one at his cost! Because "you have it worse than I do" (the having lots of oakley stuff) so he sees I know what's going on and know lux all too well and the game that's afoot. So I go to look at some frames. Telling the woman the models by name. She's floored. I found a couple that are awesome. I finally tired on a Holbrook metal (oh so nice) and a Holbrook mix( very nice) so as I'm sitting there finding out about pricing options, the doc comes walking down the hall. "Hey did I tell you about my od kitchen sink?" "No I'd love to have a kitchen sink or bathroom sink, especially in od, but I haven't seen on on oakleys web site" The girls are very confused by this conversation. More so when I say have you seen the hot tub. Lol. So he tells the lady that any oakleys I buy to give me a discount "because he has it worse than me" so I think I found a new friend. He however gets to open a display and walk out of his office and not pay. That'd be nice.

So then we come to me looking at what frames I want in rx. @chrishardaway to the rescue. He explained what I need to know to make a more informed decision as to what to do, that will lead to the best results. So I'm going to give a shout out to him for helping me and giving me the 411 on what I needed to know. I'll deff be doing business with both people for sure!
081875e7aac9e8b8126446d26f2909ec.jpg

Sent from your mom.

@Trucker360 is a smart dude. He lucked out with that Doc for sure :) glad I could help. I think you are on your way... It's only too bad Z Luxottica is not helping us with RXing "vintage" Oakley styles. They have the equipment and know how, but discontinue models to build interest in the new. Poo poo LUX!

@Trucker360 is a smart dude. He lucked out with that Doc for sure :) glad I could help. I think you are on your way... It's only too bad Z Luxottica is not helping us with RXing "vintage" Oakley styles. They have the equipment and know how, but discontinue models to build interest in the new. Poo poo LUX!
Isn't the equipment and know how something that was said in 6mil $ man? Like we have the equipment and know how let's fix him? Thanks for the compliment and help dude!

Sent from your mom.

"Steve Austin, astronaut. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better...stronger...faster."

Back