• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Factory Pilot Frogs

teddy57

Oakley Expert
Rochester, NY
Hey All,

I fully intended to wait until I could take some better pictures with natural light, etc but I just couldn't contain myself after receiving these tonight! I'm not the best photographer to begin with, but here they are courtesy of my iPhone...don't mind the background I had to find a place in the house where I had the most light....naturally it was my wifes changing area/vanity counter...go figure!!!

I have to start by giving a shout-out to @Uluahunter for all of his help. I took a shot in the dark by asking him to purchase these on my behalf, we don't know each other from Adam living on nearly opposite sides of the planet. He was the consummate professional throughout the whole process, and communicated every detail to me. I can't thank you enough Brant, without you I would not have these Frogs and I appreciate everything that you have done for me! I owe you big time, Mahalo my friend!

A little about me...I was born in 1985 so naturally I was attracted to the Frogs from an early age...when my dad allowed me to purchase my first pair while we were on vacation when I was 10 or 11 years old I was instantly hooked. My first pair were clear frames with violet lenses, unfortunately those gen 2's are long gone. It wasn't until recently that I have really started collecting important and rare pieces to mix in with the rest of my small collection. I really poured it on in 2013 and hope to continue in 2014 acquiring my favorites from over the past few years as well as new releases.

I appreciate all of you that post here on this forum, I have learned a ton in my short time here and appreciate each thread and conversation I have with each of you!

Cheers,
Teddy

23e6f920.jpeg

48a9990e.jpeg

2d9afda9.jpeg

7e7022f1.jpeg

2b6b29db.jpeg

6a14b098_o.jpeg

ac027c2f.jpeg

ff5af987.jpeg

a54ae812.jpeg

Such a sick pair! Congrats. Will you ever wear these beauties outside?

Long and short, no I don't think so. Believe it or not I don't even have an O display case, right now all of my pairs are tucked in my gun safe and rarely see the light of day! I think I would have a hard time even displaying them (I'd hate for something to happen to them).

I might be a little different than other collectors in that I purchase Frogs for my collection based upon looks, interest, etc. I know there are guys that are volume collectors out there and that's great...I have a ton of respect for those guys. But every time I purchase a Frog I step back and ask myself 'would you wear them'? I don't need every acid or summit collection pair just to say that I have them, ya know? I don't currently wear every pair that I have, but long story short that is my mindset when I am purchasing.

Long and short, no I don't think so. Believe it or not I don't even have an O display case, right now all of my pairs are tucked in my gun safe and rarely see the light of day! I think I would have a hard time even displaying them (I'd hate for something to happen to them).

I might be a little different than other collectors in that I purchase Frogs for my collection based upon looks, interest, etc. I know there are guys that are volume collectors out there and that's great...I have a ton of respect for those guys. But every time I purchase a Frog I step back and ask myself 'would you wear them'? I don't need every acid or summit collection pair just to say that I have them, ya know? I don't currently wear every pair that I have, but long story short that is my mindset when I am purchasing.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Thats my exact philosophy when it comes to buying frogs and oakleys in general. Why buy something if you wouldn't wear it?

Congratulations on getting that pair. I have to admit I would like to get my hands on them. IF you ever decide to part with them......well you know. ;)

Back