• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

THE FLASK

Nice @Hed568 great set!
Mine was one of the ones sold on their own and not in the complete set. Unfortunately it’s up for sale as the wife found out what I paid and has hit the roof. 😬

16328077268732570418275997344111.jpg

theres a site Hed mentioned, in another thread selling them for $3000 a piece. Ill pass LOL

cool piece, but not worth that to much to me. I wonder how the scotch is though :)
Some googling says it’s a 22 year old Macallan, aged in American Oak sherry barrels instead of the typical (for that time) European Oak sherry barrels. Much like the current sherry cask Macallans. The Gold color has me concerned, since sherry should make the whisky a lot darker; even before the barrel influence. Makes me think that the barrels were used for scotch at least once before, so likely more distillery character and a lot less oak influence. Probably meh flavor-wise , thus the marketing hype with the flask. The 17 year Fine Oak (aka Triple Cask) might be a good analog, but the 18 year Double Cask might be easier to find. I’d bet either one would be far better than this particular 22 year.