• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Future of Time Bomb II’s

Esper

Oakley Enthusiast
Berlin
Hi. Like many I keep an eye on the forums, eBay, Charity shops and flea markets for a ok-priced Time Bomb II that’s seen some better days and needs some restorative love.

However the nagging doubt is (and remains) the strap. Hingeing on a red (or yellow) membrane that dies through use, stops me from dropping bucks on a newer, better conditioned one here.

I keep entertaining day dreams of retconning the rubber strap in titanium with a Cnc machine (Yes, probably stratospherically expensive - but remember this is a dream). Or something light, durable and strong basically. Red would be nice and I’ve seen a few modded TB II’s with darker make-overs and they look very sweet.

So, my question is: What’s the future for the TB II? Eventually all winding up broken with straps that can’t be replaced? Or are there some enterprising souls out there who are successfully tackling this issue or found a way round the strap issue?

Thanks for reading

Mark
5b49269bd07a3a0095077a18d6035dff.jpg

there is a dude in Japan working on replacement straps.. rubber injection mold with medical grade materials or something like that. Search the forum I bet you'll find it, you can get in touch with him about replacements maybe

Back