• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Golden Child Of Oakley.

I believe the new collection is going to feature a Garage Rock, Two Face, and Plaintiff Squared/Deviation.

And the new Holbrook colorway as well.

I'd be embarrassed to have that written about me. Maybe the first part is true but the last about his ascension to being an icon is laughable.

It's a stupid description, but he is the face of action sports today... No one else is a household name like he is, especially since he competes in X Games, Winter X, and the Olympics. I'll give him iconic status.

The new Holbrook won't be too limited.. There's more than 10k in stock at this time.

From the web site: "Shaun White is a man of eclectic tastes and interests, and the new additions to his collection of Oakley products draw inspiration from that diversity. From fashion and art to literature and architecture, the vintage icons that inspire Shaun are represented here. And the result is an energy and a buzz that reflect Shaun’s continued ascension from athlete to icon."

Meh. They may as well have written 'Shaun White is a tool of big business. He is going to put his name to some of the blandest styles Oakley have ever released, because we're going to give him money. Lots of money'

I'd be embarrassed to have that written about me. Maybe the first part is true but the last about his ascension to being an icon is laughable.

I would not be surprised if he wrote that himself. From what I hear his ego is huge and the people he surrounds himself with just feed into it.

It's a stupid description, but he is the face of action sports today... No one else is a household name like he is, especially since he competes in X Games, Winter X, and the Olympics. I'll give him iconic status.

Really? I don't pay attention to that stuff at all. I had no idea. The only reason I know who he is, is because he was in a movie and y'all talk about him here. To me, a non sports person, jordan equals icon. Everyone, everyone knows who he is. tiger would be another... armstrong etc. I really had no idea who shaun white was until recently.

Really? I don't pay attention to that stuff at all. I had no idea. The only reason I know who he is, is because he was in a movie and y'all talk about him here. To me, a non sports person, jordan equals icon. Everyone, everyone knows who he is. tiger would be another... armstrong etc. I really had no idea who shaun white was until recently.
Agree, he is famous but not icon status famous, when everyone, and I mean everyone knows your name then you have icon status, he's not there yet, not even close

In regards to his icon status i would say he is an icon in his sport. Tony Hawk is and icon in his sport and there are people out there who have no clue who he is.

In regards to why they keep releasing SW glasses it is simple they sell

Latest Posts

Back