• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘The "I Broke My Oakleys" List aka "Tales of woe"

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Updated 24th April, 2022 by @cacatman

At the request of @Jon the Don, I bring you the "I Broke My Oakleys" List - The most distressing list that shall ever be created.

How to Use this List
If you ever feel depressed, read on. For these sad tales of woe shall surely bring salve and comfort to your weary journey of life.

Foreword
Our hearts go out to our dear comrades whose Oakleys were not stolen, nor lost, but rather, disfigured and broken by their own hand. Hear ye, this be the worstest of curses ever to befall upon a collector. Nay brothers.

Laugh not at their severe misfortune for they indeed are in the deepest of pits, descended to the place of gnashing of teeth, where the worm dieth not, the eternal undying flames licking open wounds, and where sounds of fingernails being drawn across blackboards echo across the desolate places.

Instead, dear brethren, draw near to the cursed with compassionate and tender hearts as they wallow the wastelands in their unassailable grief. Never again shall they ascend that mighty mountain of pure and complete collections. Forever broken and incomplete, their Oakleys remain. For indeed, surely their beating hearts have been torn asunder from their chest in the same way that a ravenous vulture feasts upon the rotting flesh along Route 66.

Having prepared thyself press onward. I present thee.....

The Saddest of All Sad Lists:-
  1. Broke Juliet ear stem while removing earsock @Magmaredhot
  2. Planet X subzeros blue iridium (snapped in half after face planting in snow) @cacatman
  3. Cleaning and breaking a Minute 1.0 @Jon the Don
  4. Moss Green Eyejackets (head butting bicycle handlebars) @TNRedbeard
  5. Crystal Black Mumbo frame (trying to squeeze in larger lenses) @mendiz
  6. Gold Immates (stepped on, but reshaped) (@Slojack)
  7. Half Jacket 2 with shallow prizm (snapped arm while fishing) @Stones2117
  8. Badman (sat on and snapped arm) @O Bro
  9. White trenchcoats/BI (snapped while taking on and off) @Funky-Trixtar
  10. FMJ 7.62 MM / Black Iridium (snapped arm while taking off right ear stem) @Funky-Trixtar
  11. Eye Jackets Cobalt/+red (moving pair off head) @Funky-Trixtar
  12. FMJ 5.56 MM/ Black Iridium (took off wrongly and broke left orbital) @Funky-Trixtar
  13. Pitboss 2 (snapped in pocket when bending down) @Dbninc
  14. Mumbos (snapped while changing lenses) @Arch
  15. Square Wires 2.0 SH (Silver / Fire Iridium) (backpack fell on head) @andr3
  16. Minute 2.0 (arm snapped on opening) @andr3

Honourable Mentions:-
  1. Square Wire 2 (smashed lens from lawnmower stone ricochet) @five56
  2. OG Whiskers (bent while getting into a car) @Jon the Don
(Need I remind you? Pictures or it didn't happen, unless it happened years ago!!)

Last edited:

@cacatman

I broke Mumbo frame about 1995, I bought I think in 1991, only use Road cycling, the frame was crystal black. Also 3 years ago I I sent to Oakley store Eye jacket for they cut another lenses bigger and they fit in these sunglasses but has distortion and the frame broke.

Wasn’t there a thread were someone lost their C6 in a lake? If so, I would think that deserves a spot on ‘Saddest of all Sad’ lists.

There’s a pair of Juliets that went down about right here. Very soft bottom and things shift a lot, unable to find so far.

8759EEDF-9C9E-4141-9160-C132FCB9EF1A.jpeg

A couple of pairs of Moons, FMJ 5.56 MM/ Black Iridium and Tortoiseshell / Brown. Eyejackets FMJ 5.56 MM, Cobalt / +Red Iridium, Cobalt / +Red Iridium. Trenchcoats White Camo / Black Iridium, White Camo / Black Iridium FMJ 7.62 MM / Black Iridium. Tens Tortoiseshell / Brown. Oil Rig White Text / Grey Iridium. RX Spike, trod on when Bailey came in to ask for Walkies...

Last edited:
Going out of town I put some glasses on my bed to pack away. Left the room for a while. When I came back in I heard the sound we all dread. Stepped on my Gold Inmates. Bent to all hell. Spent a good 2 hours bending back as close as I could get. Looking at them you wouldn't know, pick them up and you do. Add pic when I get home.

Latest Posts

Back