• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Infamous Penny T6 Hinge Screw. Solution Thread.

OakleyCan

Oakley Expert
Canada
Alright this issue surfaces every so often, the simple mention of T6 screw makes some cringe. I figure we should be able to source a screw and end this nightmare. I have searched to no avail to find the standard T6 screw that is common to the Juliet (Hinge and Oribtal) Penny (Orbital) X-Squared (Oribital) I made multiple orders to Fastenal, nothing worked. Caved and went with walleva screws.

Now for the Penny hinge T6, this thing is unattainable. At this point I believe the easiest ( Not cheapest) option is to convince the current suppliers of aftermarket Oakley parts to make them. I have contacted Linegear and Walleva in hopes that enough interest would convince them of the need for this part. Now this is where you come in, if enough members contact them Im sure we have a chance.

Thanks.

Do you know the thread size and pitch at least? All those orders to Fastenal, did you come up with any information?

Getting screws made isn't all that expensive if you find a shop that's slow, has the stock, has a screw machine, and you're willing to buy a few hundred.

My previous search was for the Juliet T6.
Socket cap screw #2-56, but none of the heads were narrow enough to sit inside the frame.

With the Penny I am near certain the thread is identical, however its only a half threaded screw.

I'd be willing to buy a bunch

Last edited:
va2aheda.jpg

On the left the common T6 screw, on the right the Penny Hinge screw

Linegear doesn't have the hinge screw. Even if they end up producing it we're looking at $15-20 a pair I assume.

WELL....YA GOT NO CHOICE,YOU COULD PUT THEM AWAY OR SPEND THE MONEY AND WEAR EM AGAIN

Back