• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The infamous X-Metal finish...

Really.....
this week there repairing the X metals again
Yeah, i had thought the same thing, but when I walked in to the warranty dept at HQ wearing Juliets, the guy at the counter asked me if I wanted my bridge tightened. I wouldnt pay those guys 5 dollars to watch my fukkin cat.

Yes.....I'll tune the arms, usually on the pennies I take all of that stuff apart clean and grease everything, just remember if you tighten that screw too much they won't spring back. if you want everything rock solid it won't happen.penny's are dependent on that stupid spring.

Yes.....I'll tune the arms, usually on the pennies I take all of that stuff apart clean and grease everything, just remember if you tighten that screw too much they won't spring back. if you want everything rock solid it won't happen.penny's are dependent on that stupid spring.

I have not tightened anything on the Penny...scared to touch anything but change lenses. I have several pairs to send you, both Penny and Juliet. I want to ship them to you insured, and I will pay for you to ship them back to me insured. That can be done, right? Damn Oakley said I can ship them to them insured, but I can't get them back insured. I don't trust them. But you...I have heard nothing but good, from folks here in the states, and from people in Europe. So yeah, I was going to do one or two frames at a time, but I think I will send you about 4-5, insure them, and pay you extra to insure them to get them back. Hope that works!! Thanks for your reply to my question, sir!!!

People have sent their X-Metals to Oakley for tune-ups and they have been "misplaced". Then the customer is then offered 25% off a new model.....but X-Metals are no longer made.
YUP, I remember mjlsr's 24k Juliet those idiots lost them but sure it was stolen inside job for sure.

I asked Oakley about insurance ,they said they will give me store credit for what the price was new. NO WAY!!! With the X-Man...I will be able to insure my glasses both ways and get them back in half the time and in MUCH better condition. I just hope the X-Man tunes the arms on my Pennys, I can't get an answer. If Oakley can...Im sure the X-Man can. Right?
STORE CREDIT lol. Whats good in the stores nowadays that's worth collecting other than xmetals "NONE" cheap metals maybe??

If I had store credit, I would probably buy several dozens of boxes of Juliet rubber kits ($10 each, in 5 years maybe $60 each)....I think they also have some XS lenses for sale as well. Nothing else interests me really....

Back