• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Jamin Jannard Rarity Sale Discussion Thread

I remember the incident you were referring to. Seems out of character that a museum would sell a 1 of 1. But who knows. Never had the chance to buy anything off him. Trying to look for my screenshots of the original pair from Jim to compare. Can’t seem to find them so...shall give him the benefit of the doubt in the mean time. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is selling alot of stuff right now. Maybe he is broke

OK first off the museum isn't a real museum, it's just the nickname he calls his collection. It's not like you could go to a building, pay admission, and take a tour. He didn't take out a loan any more than the rest of us have for our collections.

But he is self-employed, runs his own business. Like any business, it has its ups and downs. And when you're up you're up; and when you're down you're down. And when you're only halfway up you're neither up or down...

So anyway yeah he's probably selling to make up for cashflow shortfall in his business. Nothing fancy.

The whole Peterson episode, I'm aware of it but have no comment either way. All I can say is the times I've met him he was a very nice guy. He also gives great hugs. I believe he even hosted @LeQ at his place during a visit; at a minimum he saw the "museum"...

OK first off the museum isn't a real museum, it's just the nickname he calls his collection. It's not like you could go to a building, pay admission, and take a tour. He didn't take out a loan any more than the rest of us have for our collections.

But he is self-employed, runs his own business. Like any business, it has its ups and downs. And when you're up you're up; and when you're down you're down. And when you're only halfway up you're neither up or down...

So anyway yeah he's probably selling to make up for cashflow shortfall in his business. Nothing fancy.

The whole Peterson episode, I'm aware of it but have no comment either way. All I can say is the times I've met him he was a very nice guy. He also gives great hugs. I believe he even hosted @LeQ at his place during a visit; at a minimum he saw the "museum"...
I had a direct experience with some shady stuff during a trade we tried to get done.. if it wasnt for the fact I looked at dr. Chops Facebook page randomly I would have missed the exact replica to the pair in our trade. I posted some screenshots of those chop replicas to him just hinting at the fact it was a coincidence that doc would paint those now.. I was then less than 6 hours later fedex overnighted the legit pair and was told he sent me the chop replica in a first shipment as a gesture of good will and that his insurance company instructed him to make copies of all his rare items.. he also stated that the real pair was kept at his safe deposit box in a bank... still he did not mention any of this in the tons of messages prior to our deal starting..so be it The fact there was also no mention of this good will gesture until I asked him about it made me feel less than confident about his intentions. Lol...and there was 300 dollars spent to have the legit set reach me before the fake chop pair lol... it just made me realize what was actually going on.. so after all that I ended up having 1 really well faked set and one other set that I had to figure out authenticity on. Oh and I screened the entire conversation during this trade. I also didnt mention at the time of the fake tater fiasco that just weeks before I was asked by this gentleman my processes on painting/sanding/ airbrush and in all custom work only to see just a week or 2 later all the taters that he owned pop up on Ebay. When I asked him about it he just said he didn't want to buy them as money was tight and that I should bid on them.. it was later determined that the exact faked pairs for sale were from a seller in the same little town that he was from. Go figure.. he is exceptionally nice and friendly but that doesn't make up for the weird and underhanded stuff that went on

I've said my peace.

Last edited:

Thanks for the clarification.

If you're not "up" during this economy, you probably need to find a job.

He also gives great hugs

Geh

Back