• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Juliet Hammerstem Debate

The hammerstems to me are far more comfortable than the straightstems, they relieve temple pressure. I wanna swap out my leather mars stems for hammered ones...I found one Guy on eBay selling his hammeredstems off a Romeo 1 for $323.00. Too pricey just for stems don't you think?!?

The fit shouldn't be any different, with the three point fit only the ear socks and nosebombs should be touching your head. The earsocks are still in the same position on hammers and straights, the hammers just bend out more from the temple hinge.

But yes way too pricey for hammerstems, considering you can get a full XX for less than that!

FXD is right, the position of the earsocks are same on both hammered and straihght stems. its just a style thing.. if your head is touching the stems where the hammered part is, that frame is WAY too small for you and its not sitting right! (and your flex couplers will probably be thrashed by the end of this sentence)

Batwolf said:
I know many people on here were speculating on the Juliet Hammerstem. I stopped by my local O store today to check this out myself, and it turns out the Hammerstem is only available on the polished Juliet frame (at least now on current SKU's). I forgot to take a pic but every other frame color is straight stem, will get one next time I'm in there. I hope this solves that debate.

The only Juliet frame with hammerstems is polished. It was originally made that way for Ichiro Suzuki, since he loved the Juliet, but felt they were a little tight. He still wore straight stems, but preferred the hammer. Just like Lance Armstrong and Hybrid S lenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

The only Juliet frame with hammerstems is polished. It was originally made that way for Ichiro Suzuki, since he loved the Juliet, but felt they were a little tight. He still wore straight stems, but preferred the hammer. Just like Lance Armstrong and Hybrid S lenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

You can get the hammerstems on 3 different Juliets: Polished, Limited 24k, and Ichiro Polished Carbon.

Does anyone know if the old 24K Juliets (the one with the 24K XX theme) also had hammerstems?

Does anyone know if the old 24K Juliets (the one with the 24K XX theme) also had hammerstems?

I didn't think that ever made it to official release? I thought that these were a white unicorn seen only in a pic on Ichiro's face.

Plus I wanted to post in a thread titled "The Juliet Hammerstem Debate", sounded high-brow!

I can hear Morgan Freeman's voice say it in my head. After that though the audio gets muddled like he drives into a ditch. :rolleyes:

I didn't think that ever made it to official release? I thought that these were a white unicorn seen only in a pic on Ichiro's face.

this is correct. you basically get the hammers in polished frames only (polished, polished carbon, and 24k limited, which has a polished finish).

old style 24k juliet was never officially released, afaik ichiro had one, and later on there was an advertisement picture of someone else wearing a similar juliet 24k, but the picture was labelled 24k XX, and we all had a debate on here wether they were juliets or XXs.