• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The JulieX And Its Donor XX.. Xmetal Hammerstems Debacle

Ok so its almost time for me to send my XX, which now has straight arms from the JulieX project, to Oakley for a tuneup. But Im unsure - i feel like I want the XX back with its hammers..just looks more complete that way. But that means i lose JulieX. Which i dont want.

What shall I do? anyone got spare X-metal hammerstems? haha..

im confused by this post whats the problem?

I'm with you, Yoshi, what exactly is your question? You don't want to take the hammerstems off your Juliet while the XX gets tuned up? I would send the XX in with the straight stems, maybe they will think there was a mistake and send you a pair back with hammerstems, then you'll have both!

I'm with you, Yoshi, what exactly is your question, just taking the hammerstems off your Juliet until the XX get back? I would send the XX in with the straight stems, maybe they will think there was a mistake and send you a pair back with hammerstems, then you'll have both!
HAHAHA!! Doo is a smart man! i like his thinking, Do it BriP Do It!

Back in 2005 I bought a pair of TiO2 XX for the specific purpose of getting a pair of hammer stems to swap onto my X-Metal Juliet.

I did, it was fun, sold the straight arm XX to my friend. Wore Juliets with hammers.

A year or so later my friend swapped the XX for my Black Iridium Dartboards and eventually I swapped the hammers back onto the XX and think it is the right way to go.

As my collecting downsizes and plateaus I've become big on keeping Oakleys stock.

I feel the XX suits the hammer stems a lot more than straight, plus the serials match.

As long as you keep both pairs, the option is always there.

@BriP

Here's what I would do! Keep your JulieX! Sell the straight armed XX! Buy a new XX

You should still stand to make a decent enough amount on the straight armed XX that it won't cost you too much to get the new one!

Back