• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Legend Is For Real!!!!

I thought @Frogskins was immune to the metal bug, like me!

I've avoided metals because of the "maintenance factor ..."

Ear stem rubbers, nose bombs, bridge tightening, shocks, refinishing, etc.

Like I told Dyer, what are these, sunglasses or a car?

But I like to have at least one type of model in my collection, and from all the reading, it sounds like a pair of original metals is thee item to have (lets not even start on the new x-metal debate ...)

Was going for a Mars originally, but they look to narrow to me (guess you have to get used to the look.)

So I tried on a pair of Juliets and although I'm not to keen on the small coverage, they do have a nice heavy feel to them and they do give me that menacing bouncer look...

So I snagged a pair on the bay, will send it to the XMan to work his magic, and will probably keep them for a while.

Since I won't wear it to often, the whole maintenance aspect should be very minimal.

Gee, I haven't even gotten my Juliet yet, and I'm already rambling on ... like @kronin323 ... o_O

I've avoided metals because of the "maintenance factor ..."

Ear stem rubbers, nose bombs, bridge tightening, shocks, refinishing, etc.

Like I told Dyer, what are these, sunglasses or a car?

But I like to have at least one type of model in my collection, and from all the reading, it sounds like a pair of original metals is thee item to have (lets not even start on the new x-metal debate ...)

Was going for a Mars originally, but they look to narrow to me (guess you have to get used to the look.)

So I tried on a pair of Juliets and although I'm not to keen on the small coverage, they do have a nice heavy feel to them and they do give me that menacing bouncer look...

So I snagged a pair on the bay, will send it to the XMan to work his magic, and will probably keep them for a while.

Since I won't wear it to often, the whole maintenance aspect should be very minimal.

Gee, I haven't even gotten my Juliet yet, and I'm already rambling on ... like @kronin323 ... o_O
Ha ha... Those things are crazy. I prefer simplicity. At least you can wear metals. I have permanent immunity... Cant really wear them and the one I do like is astronomically expensive lol

Just glad I know what's it like to wear one. Everyone needs to know what the old school stuff feels like, even if one never gets to own one.

Personally I tend to approach things by going with the simplest explanation until a more complicated one proves itself.

But for some reason I've never really doubted Frank. I knew there was a chance he was full of BS, but he just seemed credible. And, though I haven't before seen as much stuff as was posted here, I have previously seen enough to confirm for me that he's the real deal.

Personally I tend to approach things by going with the simplest explanation until a more complicated one proves itself.

But for some reason I've never really doubted Frank. I knew there was a chance he was full of BS, but he just seemed credible. And, though I haven't before seen as much stuff as was posted here, I have previously seen enough to confirm for me that he's the real deal.
. I take people by their word, unless I feel somthing is off and doesn't add up! @OakleyFrankFMJ three gold time bombs :eek::shock::shock: . Do you have the lance Armstrong c-six..

Not that my opinion matters but anyone who knew the circumstances of Frank joining the forum was foolish to doubt him. We had proof right off the bat that he had the means to not only afford the rarest of Oakley items, but to put them out of reach of even the most hardcore collectors on this site. We had screenshots of eBay bids/wins and people somehow couldn't fathom that anyone outside this community could have such an expensive collection without all of us knowing.

If I recall correctly Frank was reluctant to join and soon after it was obvious why. Thankfully that dust has settled and now people can accept that just because you haven't seen something doesn't mean its made up.

I tend to believe... Maybe it is just me seeing the good in folks. Who has the time and energy to BS folks on the Internet...? Ummmm don't answer that question.

The O guys there said they also enjoyed having you there and loved seeing your items. :D

The folks at my local vault asked me about him Again today (been there twice since I visited it with @Dyeraudio ). They even remembered his name! lol. He has been breaking hearts at Vaults and Oakley Stores all over the country with those Julies! :)

Back