• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The lost glasses...

TripleTwo

Oakley Beginner
Hola... My name is Joseph hailing from Philadelphia. I discovered this part of the Oakley world through a very common "Lost pair of favorite oakleys". I've also discovered on this forum that what happens to be my favorite oakleys, a lot of men seem to think the conduct squared are strictly for women . I'm very selective with which styles I like and they happen to be the most minimal design I've ever seen from Oakley.

Welcome to the forum.

Try the rereleased Zero line.
I found those last night. They really remind me of the conduct squared. I was surprised to find something so close. The temples are pretty much identical. But the nose piece and the border of the lense a couple of millimeters in from the edge really bothers me.... I think I'm going to do a custom pair turbine rotors. I'm liking the clear option and try to purchase the prism deep water lense.

I found those last night. They really remind me of the conduct squared. I was surprised to find something so close. The temples are pretty much identical. But the nose piece and the border of the lense a couple of millimeters in from the edge really bothers me.... I think I'm going to do a custom pair turbine rotors. I'm liking the clear option and try to purchase the prism deep water lense.
That's a huge difference between the Zero line and the Turbine Rotor

Lol I know... I like the single lense of the rotor. It was the only other frame I liked on the site. Try something new I guess
That's a huge difference between the Zero line and the Turbine Rotor
Also, I found a turbine Tour de France edition that happened to be the same color as my trek. Also polarized for the road. Think I'm going to get them specifically for cycling

Hey, another Pennsyltoonian! Welcome! ("Brotherly Love" my ass.....) ;)

I do indeed have input for you regarding your choice of Turbines for cycling use. (Imagine that, me with something to say):

Try them on first. Then try them on again. They are nice frames! The stems are thin, which is nice, and have the "grippy" on the inside as well (against your head), as far as cycling with them though... around the park with the Mrs or the kids on Sunday would be no problem at all, but a 5 or 6 hour hammerfest would have me tossing them to the side of the road in the first 10 miles. I can't ride with those stems or the bottom frame under the lenses, and the shape cuts my peripheral to the point of altering my lookback to see traffic or other riders.

That being said...please note this is my opinion and is based solely on my experience and preference with several years of cycling 5 days a week, racing in crits and time trials, and trying several frames before settling on my permanent go-to daily choice.
So go back to my first sentence of input and perform your own due diligence! You may love them more than original Pepsi longnecks! But to me they are for loungin', not for poundin'

:welcome:

Back