• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The M Frame Migration

Quinning

Oakley Beginner
Montana
So I had my last pair of M Frames stolen, and decided why not do the Radar thing? I apologize for the bad lighting and the equally bad resolution, the cam on my phone sucks :(. And naturally I nick the paint of the nose.

Oakley Gold Iridium
XXk2F.jpg

Samvette 24k Gold Dust Polarized
KfqgG.jpg

Nice pair. What logos did you end up with to match the Gold lens?

How do you feel about the transition? I got a Radar hoping to begin collecting the newer frame, but I just wasn't as happy as wearing an M.

I went with your suggestion on the polished gold. As of now, the transition is somewhat weird. I miss the flat tiara frame and I think the Ms have way more wrap and fit my face a degree better. I wish I still had mine to compare.

Couldn't tell exactly what color it is, but it looks good with those 2 gold lenses.

Like I said before, the M just feels more organic, probably because the whole frame flexes, where the Radar mostly just adjusts on the rear half of the stems. They also feel heavier to me and I can see parts of the frame.

Sweet pair of shades.

I'm wearing the M-Frame SI 2.0 Ballistics and looking for something different.

How close do they fit to the head? I'd like something that I can wear under my helmet while working.

Jim

Sweet pair of shades.

I'm wearing the M-Frame SI 2.0 Ballistics and looking for something different.

How close do they fit to the head? I'd like something that I can wear under my helmet while working.

Jim

Radars flare out quite a bit. They're made specifically to fit on the outside of helmet straps and baseball hats. Not saying they won't work, but it depends on how far forward the ear portion of your helmet is.

The M 2.0 is a pretty slim-fitting frame. Half Jacket 2.0 might be worth a look, same flat profile of the Flak Jacket but not as wide at the temples.

Back