• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Masters

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Was wondering what everyone things of the masters this year?

I'm still in disbelief that a 14 year old kid is playing.

Also, it's pretty insane that Tiger got a 2 shot penalty for what someone spotted on TV. I don't know how I feel about that. On one side it caught him, but on the other side, TV viewers should be spectators and not interfere with the game.

What do you guys think?

The 14 y/o also received a somewhat "controversial" penalty for slow play. He had been warned twice however prior to the penalty being assessed.

As far as Tiger goes, this isnt the first time I've seen tv viewers call in a rules violation. As a matter of fact its probably the third or fourth time I've seen it. Kenny Perry comes to mind most recently. There was a question as to whether he "modified" the ground at striking position or even altered the position of his lie. Ultimately no penalty was assessed in that case and Kenny went on to get the win.

In my opinion Tiger did the right thing by not withdrawing himself. Part 33 of that rule actually sided with him there. He clearly didnt know he had committed an infraction or he wouldn't have made the statement he did to the reporter. Golf is a game of rules, they apply to everybody ALL of the time. I am a huge Tiger fan, I hated to see it. However I think it was appropriate in this case since his intention with the variance of drop was to gain an advantageous lie.

All that being said, I hope he goes out and stalks the leaders from the first tee today. If it had not been for the +4 total penalty strokes he'd have this Masters in his paws this morning ready to dig his teeth in. That's fuel for the fire I'd imagine. It all adds up for an exciting Sunday at the Masters. I can't wait! Tiger, Brandt or Angel...I want to see those three with it all on the line coming around the corner.

While it's great they follow the rules so admirably, how long before caddie challenge and instant reply make it to be common place? :rolleyes: Seriously a call in from the peanut gallery is a bit much. That be like someone calling form the sports book during a playoff game here in Vegas that has $10K on the line to get a foul reversed or similar. Maybe they should start GPS'ing the balls or use a radioactive dye and get thermal imaging involved. Radio tag the players clubs and have weight restrictions like NASCAR and cycling. Measuring the heads to conform so a similar aerodynamic pattern so there is no cheating the swing speed.

I do think it was impressive the young kid made the cut and he has tons of potential for the future. The slow play call was questionable.

Back