• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Next Big Thing After X-metals -- NEW 100 Million Dollar Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well what I really think this post is about is Oakley's finances. My argument about no x-metal substitute is a result of where they are financially standing. The more plastic sells and the more profits rise the less likely for carbon fiber to hit the market. That is the essence of what I am saying. Now this forum is no way large enough to raise enough capital to buy enough stock to change the board and I am not advising on stocks, but what I am saying is this... Lux is in the driver seat, they're kicking ass and closing deals. Right now is great time to buy... dont be surprised if the price is at $75 by the end of the year.

The more plastic sells and the more profits rise the less likely for carbon fiber to hit the market.

Carbon Fiber set to hit next month.

1d44b973-f447-4976-8335-6a0b57b2b642_zps934b7aa9.jpg

I think the moral of the story is that no one has the information to accurately say anything about the future of Oakley. Even the guys who went to the RED event and spoke with the cream of the crop from Oakley now have dated information, and the team that put together the releases we'll be seeing in the future are no longer a part of the company.

For better or worse Oakley has been on an uncertain path for many years. Old successful designs have been re-released and new designs no one liked have become crowd favorites.

Face facts here, this forums membership is the minority in Oakley sales. For every one with a $50,000 collection there are millions of people with a pair of garage rocks who doesn't give a **** about the Oakley of the past. Who do you think will win out if a decision has to be made about starting a new design? The .01% of us who remember the glory days or the kid with a fat wallet buying on impulse?

@Wicked @qtrain23 Guys, I am more talking about the c-six carbon fiber. Something that is to replace the x-metal market. If you think the pic above is an x-metal substitute than we have VERY different views of the oakley xmetal line.

@Wicked @qtrain23 Guys, I am more talking about the c-six carbon fiber. Something that is to replace the x-metal market. If you think the pic above is an x-metal substitute than we have VERY different views of the oakley xmetal line.
That's def. not my view for a NEW X-Metal line just a meer reply to your statement about Carbon Fiber being 'less than likely' to hit the market.....nothing more, nothing less :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back