• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Oakley 5

El Chupa Cabra

I should Work at Oakley
This a very unique piece in my collection that is made all the sweeter with a very rare gold Oakley 5 coin. I've only seen two others and they were presented when you were considered to beath, live and bleed the Oakley culture (brand master). After the Lux merger we wanted all the employees to know we were still Oakley and came up with the Oakley 5; Innovation, Passionate, Humble, Authentic and Performance Obsessed. Books were created for each and put together in a set. If I remember correctly, you earned the books, then a regular grey coin with the gold being the cherry on top. In the building today there is still and Oakley 5 hallway were employees are encouraged to post photos of images they believe represent the 5. Hope you're enjoying some of these internal stories/pieces of information about working at Oakley. Keep in mind these are just my opinions and another employee may have something different to say.

IMG_6244.jpg

IMG_6245.jpg

IMG_6248.jpg

IMG_6250.jpg

IMG_6251.jpg

Yes @El Chupa Cabra some of us are greatly enjoying you sharing your experiences from inside HQ with us. Please dont stop!

By the way, i managed to pick up a 5's crankcase on ebay a little while back. The rumor is this pair was only given out to employees at a certain meeting. Any more info you can share is greatly appreciated.

20181224_104337.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes @El Chupa Cabra some of us are greatly enjoying you sharing your experiences from inside HQ with us. Please dont stop!

By the way, i managed to pick up a 5's crankshaft on ebay a little while back. The rumor is this pair was only given out to employees at a certain meeting. Any more info you can share is greatly appreciated.

View attachment 568219
If so, I wasn't at that meeting. If eyewear was given out in mass... it usually was something that wasn't selling well. Nice sock. To be fair I wasn't a big fan of those, so I could have given them to someone.

Last edited:
If so, I wasn't at that meeting. If eyewear was given out in mass... it usually was something that wasn't selling well. Nice sock.

Well we all know the crankcase didnt sell well. I particularly hate the frame. This is the only one i own and just because it came up cheap on ebay and has the cool sock.

@El Chupa Cabra Could you please share any background info you may have on the skull/one icon coin? Thank you for all you’ve shared with the forum!

6EFB7932-7068-430C-BB62-A6B61A88FD65.png 48DFA255-9A5A-42C5-8284-83DCC1425157.png

Back