• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Official Shipping Etiquette Thread

LOL.. where is the tracking on my boxes Marc? Bet that one looked good.... lol
You mean the parcel USPS stored away for half a year? LOL
But hey, they refunded the money and then (well done USPS) they delivered your boxes.

This definitely is a very useful thread. I recently ordered a pair off ebay and the shipment was usps priority mail international. Now It all started off just fine. I had the tracking info and all but half way through, the tracking info read held in us customs. Then there was no sign of my parcel. Since it was my first time with usps so I didn't know what to do or who to contact. So I guess its better that both parties communicate the complete shipping info.

I hate when people ship me a single frame in a huge suitcase sized box, I prefer the small flat rate box fron usps.

THIS
4.5 (I had to add this one) When the kind buyer pays...... Ship it ASAP, no excuses people, get it done, they paid you soooooooooo don't delay! Nothing more then a fast payment and a seller saying I will ship it on Saturday, and its Monday. Sure, everyone is busy and works, stuff comes up, etc. Put it in the WTS post and let the buyer know. Don't play games, once maybe twice it can happen, but if you continually do it, you maybe on the receiving end of a Paypal dispute.... Just sayin...
x 1000 just send the forking package already

I hate when people ship me a single frame in a huge suitcase sized box, I prefer the small flat rate box fron usps.
I'd rather get a big box over a padded mailer envelope.

I use 6" cubes or 8" cubes for most of my shipments. The small flat rates often have to bulge to fit a pair.

I usually just toss the big box and use something smaller that fits more appropriately. I have a 10" stack of HQ size boxes and a ****load of small flat rate boxes.but thats just me, I like things to look professional even if it sometimes doesnt make financial sence.

1. Sellers----- PLEASE don't wrap a boxed pair of X_Metals and then ship Priority Mail in a Med Size Flat Rate box, then get 500$ insurance on it. Have had 3 people do that to me and cost them $20 to ship. I am aware that most people ship once a month and do not know or understand what you can do, but that is just a plain waste of money. As @THE X-MAN says, a pair of XX or Juliets will fit quite comfortably in a flat rate shipping box and only cost you 5.20 to ship. I just sent 3 that way. They are fine.

2. Shipping Rates and approx times----
a. CONUS- First Class is 4-5 days, Priority is 2-3 days, and Express is 1-2 days. All these except Express are approximates. Sometimes
they do get caught up or shipped across the earth to finally get there. Priority Mail can take 7 days. Its happened.
b. OCONUS-- First Class mail is supposed to be 10-14 business days. Ebay suggests 4-6 weeks sometimes. So if you want or do ship this
way, please do not expect the item in 5 days. Ebayers are renowned for this one. It can take awhile, especially to Australia. If shipping to
Australia or Brazil it is best to use Priority mail.
Priority Mail international------ 8-10 business days is fairly normal and most of my packages take this long. I have had numerous ones
take three weeks to arrive. No don't panic if the item does not show, give it time.
Any item above 400$ I will only ship Express International which is 2-4 business days. Never lost one of these.
Prices----
1. Priority Mail International is typically 35-45US, CONUS is 6-10 pending weight
2. Express International is typically 48-60US, CONUS is 12-16 pending weight
3. Priority Flat Rate Box small is 23.50 International, and 5.20 CONUS

Use appropriate sized boxes, and packaging material which has been covered many different times. If purchasing lenses in a OEM box, please make sure the seller know to ship in a box, many times I have gotten mine in a padded envelope. Thats fine for me, those are the ones I wear, but some people like to get them and reuse them. I ship only my First class international customers that way, all others get a flat rate box.

Back