• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The old "found in the drawer - forgot about them"...Story

Scuba200ft

Oakley Beginner
Florida
Hi kids..

Realize I am new here, just introducing myself. I am a sunglasses nut in general. Living in Florida does that to you.

My daily wearers are generally Costa and Maui jim's for 10 years or so. But. I golf a lot. Bought a pair of Pro M's in maybe 1998, they have been my go to in that world for years.

Flash forward to last week. My son is a ballplayer, I bought him a pair of half jackets that he loves. Got me to thinking, I should get a more suitable daily lens for the Pro M frames, so I went to Oakley stoere here, bought an Ice lens, new light blue ear socks ( Tampa bay Rays colors..)

Then last night I thought, I wonder if I have any other Oakleys in my sunglasses drawer? I completely forgot ( i'm getting old I guess) I had these. Bought them both on the same day..... About 8 years ago or so I bought aftermarket lenses for them, I think. I still have the soft case-sock for them too.

They are NOT for sale, I am just hoping someone could tell me what exactly they are? They don't have serials. I'd like to get quality-original lenses for them.

I thik the gold ones are the 24k from my research here..Not sure on the other....

Its quite funny that I had them in there and really never even thought about them. I have so many pairs of sunglasses, but they are tools to me, not collectable!

Can anyone identify?

FullSizeRender-5.jpg

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

FullSizeRender-4.jpg

FullSizeRender-6.jpg

FullSizeRender-8.jpg

FullSizeRender-3%202.jpg

FullSizeRender-7.jpg

I guess theres no way of knowing exactly which sku number they were without remembering what color the original lenses were.

The fact that they do not have serials makes them sku # 04-145 for the gold and 04-144 for the X Metal (grey). Each pair came with only one color lenses, black iridium in the darker frame and "24K" gold in the gold frame.
Both are discontinued lenses by Oakley... :(
My favorite frame style btw; great coverage and style.

The fact that they do not have serials makes them sku # 04-145 for the gold and 04-144 for the X Metal (grey). Each pair came with only one color lenses, black iridium in the darker frame and "24K" gold in the gold frame.
Both are discontinued lenses by Oakley... :(
My favorite frame style btw; great coverage and style.

Wow...Is this place always this helpful? Looks like i'll be sticking around.

I'll be honest. I'm 46 and though I loved Oakleys as a 25 year old ( frogskins were big when I was growing up) As I got into my 30's and beyond, my tastes went to the above Maui Jims and Costa Del Mars. Mostly because they were/are "real " water and boating glasses.

These gold ones I have, I tossed to my wife to use for a few years, not thinking they were worth a dime. You'd think as a collector of other things...( watches, guitars) I'd have known better. Like I said, the only reason I ever thought about Oakley was when I use my Pro-M frames for golf with the G30 lens, owhatever it is. Maybe the VR lens?

My son being into playing ball, Oakleys are everywhere, so there ya have it.

I am going to revamp these and wear them.

Back