• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The one X-metal you wouldn't sell !

I guess I never commented on this one, so why not! The one I would never sell is an XM Juliet my bro got from me from a friend of his. He bought it for his friend years ago when they first came out. When I told him I was getting back into xmetals he told me his buddy may want to sell the frame my bro got him years earlier. I sent my bro $200 through PayPal and bought the frame off his friend with my bro brokering the deal. It was also the first frame I ever sent to XMAN for a tune up. Since my bro found the frame for me I'd absolutely never sell it. If the entire house was burning down that is the 1 frame I would grab. Can't put a price on sentimental value...

Let's see....Frames I shouldn't have sold....XS 24K, Juliet 24K, R2 Scelzi...Few others I've deliberately forgotten so as not to cry.....

As for a pair I own now I wouldn't? An in progress custom: I have a Plasma XS with custom cut Ice Polarized and blue rubber all around. I'm having that Copper plated as we speak then I'll put the Ice Polar and blue rubber back on. Now 1) that look is going to be super sick and unique but 2) getting that particular combo made again especially with Ice Polar would be difficult and a lot more expensive (the frame was a back when metals were cheap buy where I think the net price I paid for the frame was $100 and Big Taco donors abounded) than it is now. So I wouldn't see myself letting it go given all that and how the XS is my desert island frame.

My overhauled later gen unserialized Plasma Juliet Ice. Bought them second hand with super loose nosebridge and super beat up lens. They're the cheapest pair in my tiny collection but it pains me to just think about selling them.

Hard to say, but got a lot here is one of them
E4C4EE0D-6FEF-49A4-8CFE-350F1ABBF98F.JPG
9A8D2312-AFBB-4FD5-891B-2BACE046A4B5.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

My first x-metal, ice plasma Juliet that I bought retail in 2002. If I end up selling my collection, that pair I will definitely keep forever.

OK, have been thinking about this a lot. The first challenge was ONE. Since I started late in the game, I missed the BNIB earlier models, but managed to pick up my first BNIB XS XM Ruby Iridium which is my pride and joy.

Runner up frames are my BNIB XS Carbon OO Black Iridium followed by daily wear XS Carbon OO Red Iridium (Rx).

This question is hard, it is like asking which child you would keep?:confused:

You have spare lenses for your Finite???!!!

The one I regret selling was my first Juliet complete carbon with black iridium.

Everyone has their price. After all, if I promised to give you USD$100 million for your pair of favourite X-metals, I'm pretty sure most of us would be saying, "Sure, it's got sentimental value, but hey, Bahamas, here I come!!!".

So really, the question should be, "What's the last X-metal you'd part with if you had to give up all". Have to be my Mars Jordan. I really love this pair!

Latest Posts

Back