• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Origin Of Frogskins...

From my understanding it goes deeper than that.

Jim was going to a tradeshow back in the day to see all the latest and greatest, and an associate of his went with him, carrying a prototype pair of glasses. He showed them to Jim and Jims initial reaction was something along the lines of, "What the **** are these things? These are stupid. How are we supposed to make any Frogskins off of these?"

Little did he know the future success of that prototype. So, in essence, Frogskins literally translate to money.

To this day, Jim, and most top level corporate guys hate Frogskins. But they knows its a cash cow so they leave them be.

The more you know. I'm not even a Frog Freak lol. I wish Holbrooks name origin was cooler :/

HEllo, how the "h*ll" do you know that story? It´s awesome.

And what about he origin of Holbrook?

Could you explain anything?

Thank you very much

I like my Frogskins, I just don't wear them much because that is a style that everyone has right now. I can't convince myself to shell out the money to do a crazy custom when I could have something else

In the UK it appeared that the Blues Bros movie had a big influence - all the kids were wearing wayfarar then suddenly you could get an Oakley lens in a wayfarar and much cheaper than other Oaks at the time.

I'm not a betting man...but I'll bet you're right Brian.
new frogskins look absolutely nothing like any of the others.
Screenshot_2016-10-21-14-40-24.png

Back