• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The pair that you would never sell ...

That’s awesome, and the best serial for this release in my opinion!!! Thanks for the pics! Is there anything under the foam that holds the glasses? Looks like similar packaging to the Xeus. Im only mildly surprised they included standard microbags

I guess it's only fair that I answer the question that I posted ...

If I have to pick one, probably my Robert Williams Dispatch.

Back in 2012 I was at the NYC Oakley store the day that they were released; they had just placed a pair in a display case. I asked the sales guy to let me check em out. I tried them on and found them to be to garish, with those graphics, gold icons, and 24K lenses. They looked like something a pimp would wear. Plus $240 retail? No thanks, I'll pass ...

However, just like The Kato or Xeus, sometimes those shades that make us initially wince or slightly throw up, have a way of capturing our hearts ...

Sometimes, not always, relax Inkkoonce ...

Fast forward to the present and the Dispatch frame is one of my favorites. Big and bold and yes, a bit pimptastic. So of course I had to have the top dog in the world of Dispatch frames.

Of course now they were going for several hundred bucks. Currently there is one on eBay for $782.00. Been there for a while so definitely overpriced. But that's the world of eBay.

I saw pairs sell for about $400 to $450 a few times but held off. Of course I always kicked myself in the head for not picking them up for retail years ago (how many times has this happened to you?) Grrrr ...

As you know, waiting is part of this game. So I waited.

Then a few months ago a pair came up for sale on this forum. LNIB. The seller accepted $300 for them. Only $60 on top of retail. That rarely happens.

Whooooooooooo! 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Back