• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Pit Boss Conundrum...CORRECT POLL And THREAD

You can have one pair on a desert island....you select

• Romeo

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Juliet

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • XX

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • X Squared

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Splice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plate

• Mag Switch

• Pit Boss

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (specify in post)

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
Yup, that's what you'd want on a desert island - a big heavy frame digging its nose bombs into your skin.
There's no kudos points on the desert island, kids. And no mirrors! haha
So you'd have to think practically and take a lightweight frame.
Which, even as a Romeo owner, and Hijinx-loving WITK owner, still has to be the Conduct Squared.

Everyone picking Romeos would look cool to themselves for like half a day, then take them off, feel the dents in their nose flesh, and think "Damn, I wish I'd listened to Herb."

Now if the question was "You can only have one pair for the rest of your life, what would it be?" you'd get different answers.
But that wasn't the question.
And it's my job as resident Forum Pedantic SOB to take these things very literally.
:laugh:

Monster Dog, no parts to wear out, good orbital protection without blocking perf vision, light weight, drop it on a rock who cares.

WTF "DROP IT ON A ROCK" DROP....................IT....................ON....................A........................ROCK :sad: that's NO way to treat a pair of legendary glasses. If that how you feel Obi i'll take all your Dog's off of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........................hehehehehehehe:blink:

Romeo is obvious. no flex coupler to mess around with, lenses DONT crack if you treat them properly (wearing via goggle method). Frames are bombproof. actually are, literally. Coverage is perfect for the blazing island sun.

done deal.

oh, and i dont get any nose-dent problems so thats not an issue for me.

Romeo is obvious. no flex coupler to mess around with, lenses DONT crack if you treat them properly (wearing via goggle method). Frames are bombproof. actually are, literally. Coverage is perfect for the blazing island sun.

done deal.

oh, and i dont get any nose-dent problems so thats not an issue for me.

Now that I actually OWN a Romeo (2 actually) I agree with this. To me because of the "no flex coupler mess" issue and the ability to have custom Oakley lenses cut (and now an aftermarket starting for gaskets etc.) the Romeo is not only the king of X Metals, it might be the King of Oakley period in terms of looks, function and longevity.

WTF "DROP IT ON A ROCK" DROP....................IT....................ON....................A........................ROCK :sad: that's NO way to treat a pair of legendary glasses. If that how you feel Obi i'll take all your Dog's off of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........................hehehehehehehe:blink:

Accidents happen and for me, I would take my chances on Monster Dogs surviving a tumble better than the Pit Boss.

Back