• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Pit Boss Conundrum...CORRECT POLL And THREAD

You can have one pair on a desert island....you select

• Romeo

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Juliet

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • XX

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • X Squared

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Splice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plate

• Mag Switch

• Pit Boss

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (specify in post)

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
Romeo is obvious. no flex coupler to mess around with, lenses DONT crack if you treat them properly (wearing via goggle method). Frames are bombproof. actually are, literally. Coverage is perfect for the blazing island sun.

done deal.

oh, and i dont get any nose-dent problems so thats not an issue for me.

Ah - but if you dropped them on a rock, would you say "Who cares?"

Ah - but if you dropped them on a rock, would you say "Who cares?"

haha well, to be realistic and being on a desert island, i would be able to drop them on a rock and say 'who cares? it didnt break' and probably wont scratch it too bad either. whereas with a Omatter - accidentally drop your coconut on it, and its gonna be quite alot more messed up. i guess im saying durability is what i feel would be most important.

Out of curiosity, would the answers change if, rather than a deserted island, you were encountering a sort of Apocalypse situation, a la Book of Eli?

As for durability, I have a pair of Monster Dogs that have been through a ton - mostly during mission trips. They held up just fine until I lost one of the earstems while surfing. So, since I have essentially a useless pair - look away Oakley_Sight - I wanted to see how much it could withstand. I threw them, stomped on them, and even hit them with a machete. Other than scratches, they are 100% functional (save the missing earstem). So if you can keep the 5 pieces together (orbitals, earstems, and lenses) you're golden.

All that being said, I picked the X-Squared, just to piss of Herbsley.

For all day wearability on a desert island, where it's hot, sweaty, sunny, humid, salt water... I'd be tempted to go with my M-Frame with a set of vented Heater lenses. The MOST uninterrupted coverage, super light weight, grip your head and never move.

Realistically the nose piece and arms would likely wear out pretty quick, and the pinned hinges might not be as robust in such a harsh environment.

Iwould certainly never want anything metal in a sweaty, salt water locale.

.... All that being said, I picked the X-Squared, just to piss of Herbsley.

WAAAAGHAHAHA! I love this!
My work here is done.

The XS is actually a sensible choice in this scenario.
Because being a desert island, it's likely there'll be no-one there to see them.

:smile:

For all day wearability on a desert island, where it's hot, sweaty, sunny, humid, salt water... I'd be tempted to go with my M-Frame with a set of vented Heater lenses. The MOST uninterrupted coverage, super light weight, grip your head and never move.

Realistically the nose piece and arms would likely wear out pretty quick, and the pinned hinges might not be as robust in such a harsh environment.

Iwould certainly never want anything metal in a sweaty, salt water locale.

Mr Pot makes some valid points re metals in the desert island environment.

Wrong frame choice, of course, in the M-Frame.
Unless the desert island has a bicycle, golf club, or cricket bat lying around.
:smile:

But otherwise spot on.
Sorry Metalliists, this particular job requires O-Matter, I'm afraid.
It's not a fashion parade. It's survival.
And, apparently, cricket.

Actually, if you'll be surviving on fish, wouldn't Angling Specific lenses be useful?
Hmmm. Only a few frames come with those.
Heh heh.
Didn't take me long to turn this inevitably to Hijinx did it?
:laugh:

Back