• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The plague

ooops my bad :) it's a woodgrain montefrio. I really don't know what had caused it. I sometimes put it on my forehead. One day I just found out a spot near the frame of the left lens. As days goes by, it spreads until it reached the right lens.

ooops my bad :) it's a woodgrain montefrio. I really don't know what had caused it. I sometimes put it on my forehead. One day I just found out a spot near the frame of the left lens. As days goes by, it spreads until it reached the right lens.
If you often put your shades on your forhead, get a hydrphobic pen.:)

here's what I use to clean the lenses. refilled from oakleyvault milpitas

29vdpw8.jpg

Also, some places that refill your spray bottle cleaning solution use a higher concentration of alcohol which WILL cause the lens to peel. Hydrophobic kits dont last long so dont expect them to solve the problem also if you use ANY hair gel or any alcohol based hair products and put your glasses on top of your head you will have the problem over and over again......

I'm no longer using the lens cleaner, after what happened to my montefrio. also, the local oakley technician here advised me to use water instead. can somebody hook me up with the replacement lenses? :)

Call oakley if you have your receipt. they sent me a new pair of Dispatch lenses that were having a similar issue. Not that bad by any means but a separation between the layers

Call oakley if you have your receipt. they sent me a new pair of Dispatch lenses that were having a similar issue. Not that bad by any means but a separation between the layers
Unfortunately, I don't have the receipt. I got it online from oakleyvault.com thru a previous colleague.

Back