• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Polished Minute Machine Isnt

Oakley-olic

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
SoCal
Polished! Picked up a polished MM today, pics will be on other thread. When I first saw the Pol MM it looked to shiny to be raw Polished Ti. When I got it home I tried some metal polish, small area on the inside. Any one that has polished metal will notice the towel turns black whether aluminum, stainless or Ti. My towel was clean. As I originally expected it is plated. Chrome maybe, not sure. Not sure if I will keep it, sure looks nice but not being able to polish out scratches I am afraid to wear it. Will stare at it/display it for awhile then maybe on the exchange.

I was wondering if it was chrome plated.....send it to me and I'll hold it against my polished one dAnd check for ya :)

Polished MM do not have diamonds right? The diamond is just the ti band?
That is correct.
u8e9agev.jpg

I am considering swapping the internals of my diamond dial with my polished. I haven't done it yet though because it might look overkill.

Yeah I might just do it to see what it looks like. The internals of the Polished would still look good in the regular titanium casing of the Diamond Dial. Not to mention they would more than likely both be one of a kind.

Back