• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Romeo Gamble

What will I receive????

• Fake Romeos????

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Nothing.... too good to be true

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • The real deal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • STFU I HATE YOU AND YOUR MOM FOR FINDING ROMEO 1's for $250.00

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... it was not a choice not to post the pictures. it was an assumption that that sight would work like ebay, which allows you to view item pictures after it is closed. This site only allows for the header picture to be shown after it is sold.. i would have had no issues posting them all up had i had them. Disappointment, that is a huge assumption on your part. Of course I hope they are real, but my personal thought on anything purchased off the internet from a non retail store is that there is risk associated. Actual and implied. In this case it was both, as well as a gamble.... thats the point of this thread... The satire of it. the fact that these were out there, available, cheap ( in romeo) terms, and i pulled the trigger knowing that these have a greater chance of being fake, or a scam than being real. It's about poking fun, and finding out the outcome. The purchase is done, the funds were claimed immediately. The only option i have now, and had at the time of purchase is to wait it out... again thats the point of this thread... Heck, maybe the guy selling them doesn't even know they are fake... who knows.... it's 3 am on the east coast... maybe I'll hear from him in a few hours

great for spending 250 on fake sunglasses bro! as you said its not a problem for you "spending" that much but thats what the forum is here for... to help other "noob" members out there. i see you have a FEW of xmetals but it doesnt mean you have the best experience in telling if its fake or not. you gambled in this so goodluck... let us hope that for those who who called it fake to be wrong... i truly hope iam wrong because i like people getting deals out of our grails.. goodluck again and i hope you will spend money on some real pairs in the future...

sorry man, i have got to chime in. they are 100% fake. i have personally been dealing with romeos a lot in the past few years (more than 20 has gone through me and i personally own 6 to 7 pairs). your forum brothers are just watching out for you. that is what we are here for, to help each other out. but if you insist on taking a chance (hey it is your money), go ahead.
no worries.

if by chance, we were mistaken and they are authentic, then you got yourself a freaking good deal on romeos. but be cautious. 250 is still 250.

.......and btw, that is a VERY, VERY , VERY , VERY , VERY SLIM CHANCE!!! LOL.

Last edited:
ryan, just hope its not really the one in the pics you attach in this thread, otherwise we are not looking for a good result out of this. Personally, i made some mistakes in my
purchases too. But let us know what the seller really got when you received them. Update us :)

lower orbital breaks are at the wrong angle - too vertical. i would also be willing to bet that the nose bombs are the juliet style and not the round romeo ones......

Unfortunately they are fake.

I've not actually seen a good pair of Romeo's faked. There are some 1:1s out there for Juliet's but you'd never know, but the Romeo is actually a pretty easy one to spot. I won't bother enlightening anyone anymore, the posters already have basically lined out what to look for.

I'm in the fake boat too. Whenever I see "got as a gift" that pretty much does it for me. Like Gecko noted the tips appear to turn out and they are polished/fire.
I've bought fakes before knowing that they were fake, wanted to satisfy my curiOsity and since they were guaranteed authentic knew that I had PP protection- but wasn't as deeply invested as you.
After the fact the seller and I agreed on a price of $20.
I hope that the itch feels better after you scratch it and that you have some form of payment protection.
Best!

some 1:1s out there for Juliet's but you'd never know, but the Romeo is actually a pretty easy one to spot. I won't bother enlightening anyone anymore, the posters already have basically lined out what to look for.

m in the fake boat too. Whenever I see "got as a gift" that pretty much does it for me. Like Gecko noted the tips appear to turn out and they are polished/fire.
I've bought fakes befor
I'm in the fake boat too. Whenever I see "got as a gift" that pretty much does it for me. Like Gecko noted the tips appear to turn out and they are polished/fire.
I've bought fakes before knowing that they were fake, wanted to satisfy my curiOsity and since they were guaranteed authentic knew that I had PP protection- but wasn't as deeply invested as you.
After the fact the seller and I agreed on a price of $20.
I hope that the itch feels better after you scratch it and that you have some form of payment protection.
Best!
Fully protected from paypal, and the site purchased from... You seem to understand the point of this... It's not really an issue for me if they turn out fake... I just think that for $250. w/ protection and a verified paypal seller... I really have no actual risk of losing anything on this... Also, nothing ventured nothing gained......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back