• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Romeo Gamble

What will I receive????

• Fake Romeos????

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Nothing.... too good to be true

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • The real deal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • STFU I HATE YOU AND YOUR MOM FOR FINDING ROMEO 1's for $250.00

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what everyone is getting at here is that they are fake...no doubt about it. It isn't a gamble, it isn't a wait and see, they're just fake.
Sent you a PM about some refinish questions.... (not about these Romoe's)

Last edited:
Fully protected from paypal, and the site purchased from... You seem to understand the point of this... It's not really an issue for me if they turn out fake... I just think that for $250. w/ protection and a verified paypal seller... I really have no actual risk of losing anything on this... Also, nothing ventured nothing gained......

but it seems you now plan to even send them for a custom job... and you are asking for our opinion.. you even posted a poll.... so i guess next time just dont post a poll and just say "i bought a romeo, i dont care if its real or not but i like it." you also said "nothing ventured"... well you ventured into the unknown in the first place by buying a fake romeo without any experience on how they can be legit... "nothing gained?" you gained something and that is experience... that maybe you can avoid this kind of pairs in the future. "I really have no actual risk of losing anything on this." - you lost "time" in the sense that you received a fake pair, you will file a claim, wait for the paypal's verdict. well anyway i think everybody have said their piece. goodluck again in the future. mods.. @xmetalmaniac ?

No, I do not plan to send them in any where. If they are real, I will be using a tourch on them to achieve the Ti blueing that was posted in another thread on a set of Juliets. I would never do this with an oem set. I think people are missing the intended point of this thread....

Look at the Title

"The Romeo Gamble"

and the following statements in the OP.

"Now the question is..... What are the bets on me actually receiving them? I did use pay pal, and a credit card so i can dispute the charges if they don't show up."

and

"Flame ON"

I did not ask for advice, i made this purchase well before making this thread. The poll was meant to just be a fun side of this to refer back to when the outcome is determined.

Also, people on here are acting as if I am refusing their advise, and seem to be taking this as a personal attack. All I am stating on this thread, is i bought a cheap pair of Romeo's took a gamble, and lets see where it goes.

I didn't ask anyone if they could help me determine if they are real or not, and I certainly appreciate the intended helpful information. I just do not understand why some people are so defensive about it... I'm not personally refuting or arguing that they are real. Heck, I've said it in nearly every post that they are most likely not...

Jeez people lighten up!

Ok, Seriously! Why in the heck would this thread need to be Moderated???? Seriously man??? Are you saying that since I am choosing to not immediately challenge the purchase and demand a refund, as most have suggested, that I am being offensive... Do people here seriously have no sense of humor?

Mate I get it, don't think I'd spend that money on a gamble. Heck I'd struggle on a real pair. I would like to know the outcome. Officially as we are all leaning on the fake side.

Ok, Seriously! Why in the heck would this thread need to be Moderated???? Seriously man??? Are you saying that since I am choosing to not immediately challenge the purchase and demand a refund, as most have suggested, that I am being offensive... Do people here seriously have no sense of humor?

Well i guess you are waiting for everybody from the start to say "wow man you got a great deal"! and we are not defensive bro, we are just saying you made a bad choice. i wanted it moderated because most of us feel the same way and i dont want it to get out of hand and one rule states that "Authentic Oakley's only - This website is dedicated to authentic Oakley's"

And last "Do people here seriously have no sense of humor" - we aint laughing bro... what i find funny is the fake romeo you posted.

lol. I guess this wasnt the responses you were hoping for.
No guarantee Paypal is going to side with you.

Well i guess you are waiting for everybody from the start to say "wow man you got a great deal"! and we are not defensive bro, we are just saying you made a bad choice. i wanted it moderated because most of us feel the same way and i dont want it to get out of hand and one rule states that "Authentic Oakley's only - This website is dedicated to authentic Oakley's"

And last "Do people here seriously have no sense of humor" - we aint laughing bro... what i find funny is the fake romeo you posted.

So now this has turned into me breaking forum rules. Being that the above post is claiming such I am locking this thread. I don't get it, but apparently satire and humor is offensive to some. I apologize for trying to have some good fun, share an experience and thought process, and finally for violating the "rules".

If you care to know what the outcome is, or see the other pictures the seller said he would email this evening PM me. Also this seller, I do not believe, is intentionally trying to scam or sell an item he knows is a fake. He has notified me of a return policy

I received better pictures, and chatted with the seller. He is a VERY stand up guy and felt terrible about them being fake, and issued the refund immediately. Thank you for all the advice, and I will be posting all the pics on the fakes thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back