• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Ruby Iridium Question.

ironremix

Oakley Beginner
Hi Guys,

I was just walking around at a local mall, came across two pairs of Juliet's, both of which were X-metal and Ruby...supposedly.

However, upon inspection one of the Juliet's (the one from Sunglass Hut incidentally) had lenses which were a VERY pale red, almost looks like a peach color actually, while the other one had a deeper red. This made me curious...how many different kinds of ruby lenses are there? I know for a fact that the Polished White/ruby combo on the Frogs have a different ruby lens as well.

Hope anyone can shed some light on this :)

The colors between lenses always differ. The same goes for fire iridium, or whatever other iridium pair of lenses.
They are made in different batches, each batch is a bit different than the other. On one pair of lenses you won't see a difference as the lenses are always matched per batch.

Pretty much what Monster Beetle said. But also, the Ruby Iridium lenses used to be a much deeper red, almost like the +red today, but that was a while ago. they now look more like Fire Iridium. So the difference between the two pairs you saw could be because one was produced later than the other

It's not a different color but rather how the lens has evolved in production. Different batches can also yield slightly different results.

exactly my 9 years ago Twenty had the redder-what u may consider more fiery while my SJ2's i cant sell to save my life have the Purplish color like what many people seem to want.

Back