• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Special Edition Marine Corps (wounded Warrior) Eteched Lens

boxinggsxr

Oakley Beginner
Ok so one of my buddies who got hit with a ied ended up coming home early and was stuck in the hospital for a good while, and they took him and some others down to the actual oakley factory...ok that place has been on my bucket list but never had time to go there unfortunately but he recieved a pair of gascan's with the Marine corps eagle globe & anchor eteched in the lens. Does anyone know how i can get a pair?

Hmm, maybe it's only a promotion for wounded vets then. This is the first I've even heard of them. You might be able to call HQ for more details.

Btw, thanks for your service!

ya i might call them up tomorrow then if no body else has any other ideas or knowledge on them. and no problem brotha they look really nice i mean nothing is different on them just the EGA in the corner of the lens but something else i wanted to keep for my collection

I do some work for the Wounded Warrior Project, And I have not heard of any sanctioned oakley relationship with this particular organization.

Hmm the glasses were free so im wondering if it was just some custom item that oakley did for that group of Marines then

Ive seen weirder stuff from oakley. I saw a New Mexico Bowl (college football) etched pair and bag from a few years ago. They also did some backpacks, laptops cases and other schwag.

My issue with the Wounded warrior foundation is they don't accept donations if it has anything to do with tobacco. Have a friend that ownes a cigar shop and every year they do a fundraiser for wounded soldiers and their families. This past year they raised over 100k and they got the check back with a not saying they would not associate with any company that associates with tobacco and alcohol. So we support our brethren in other means such as the Infinite hero foundation, Green Beret foundation, and special operations warrior foundation. and others. I no longer support the foundation because it is bs and they should just be great-full for the money as long as it comes by legally. Too damn many wounded soldiers and fallen soldiers that need support. Get off your damn soap box and do what is right.

Ive seen weirder stuff from oakley. I saw a New Mexico Bowl (college football) etched pair and bag from a few years ago. They also did some backpacks, laptops cases and other schwag.

I think Ive got a button down shirt from that.... of some other college bowl game.

Back