• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Story Of A Dog, A Sunglass Addiction And A Couple Of Coincidences...

Mikkelf

Oakley Beginner
Almost 4 years ago my wife and I decided that we would both really love to own a dog. We did not at that time have children and I guess it was a way of preparing for that. Or maybe we just both love animals and dogs in particular (actually....mostly dogs....definately not cats....).

So after having read dozens of books about different types of dogs we decided on finding a Gordon Setter. Not a very common race but just the dog for us. It's a dog originally breed for hunting birds and it has a very high level of energy (VERY high..) - and furthermore it is a beautiful breed.

After finding the right puppy we were faced with the biggest problem of all - finding a name for the new dog. Being a breed dog we needed to find a name starting with the letter "O" as this was the letter chosen by the breeder.

2421603200_daa5352f33.jpg

We discussed a couple of options for the dogs name but I never really had any doubts.....he had to be named "Oakley" - after the sunglasses we both were using for skiing, mtb'ing, running, leasure, etc etc..

At that time little did we now how much this name was really really appropriate.

One day when I was studying the story of Oakley I learned that Jim Jannard actually back in 1975 named his company after his dog. Already this appeared to us as a big conicidence. We named our dog after a company that was named after a dog.

But then I did some more studying - and then found this website: Home ..... and only then did it occur to me that Jim Jannard actually named his company not only after any dog....but after a Setter.....so yet another coincidence within the coincidence....we had named our dog after company named after a dog which was the same type of dog that we had named after the company....OMG.....

Today I am very proud of my dog.....and I am pretty sure he is very proud of his famous name :eek:)

6332383253_2ffa0b2fff.jpg

6332361879_4fa0d92590.jpg

That dog is STUNNING!!!! Wow !!!!! Its looks like he is showing off in the second pic, like some model dog on a photo shoot!! LOL

Back