• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The TiO2 Thread

You can always fnd a nice plasma frame and have the X-Man work his magic!!!!!
.......and end up with a pair like this. This pair started out as a regular Plasma Juliet.

mabu6agy.jpg

Agreed with that. That is why I havent done anything custom just yet.

yeah. dont get me wrong xmans work is great if you want to restore a tired Plasma frame or xmetal frame to what it was before, but creating replicas of something still readily available (albeit a small premium) to me defeats the purpose of having it as a collection.. i mean, may as well make a brown, purple and 24k while youre at it. but that takes the satisfaction away from a collector POV, and only serves to devalue the authentic pieces

yeah. dont get me wrong xmans work is great if you want to restore a tired Plasma frame or xmetal frame to what it was before, but creating replicas of something still readily available (albeit a small premium) to me defeats the purpose of having it as a collection.. i mean, may as well make a brown, purple and 24k while youre at it. but that takes the satisfaction away from a collector POV, and only serves to devalue the authentic pieces

I agree with you and yes Xman is the best but thats why I spent on an original 24k and Ti02. To each thier own though but its the same reason why i used OEM lenses.

On one hand, everyone would love the thought of having authentic pieces and on the other side, my mind lure me into Xmen transformation(i.e Personally i would just prefer OEM color tone). Anything too loud like Xmetal white frame or red frame, not my cuppa tea. Perharps i am too 'SQUARE' or stereo-typed.

Ok will learn to post my XX Tio2 pics soon.

From a collector standpoint... yes... "original is best".but then again if you dont want to wear your perfect colletable Ti02s, make a copy that wont make you cry if you loose em.

From a collector standpoint... yes... "original is best".but then again if you dont want to wear your perfect colletable Ti02s, make a copy that wont make you cry if you loose em.

Yeah having a proxy is nice... Why risk a quasi rare pair that carries a "premium" when you can wear a pair that you put less than $200 into and accomplishes the same look. That way the real pair can stay in the cabinet.

Back