• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The True Sad Advetures Of Oakley Collector In Mexico

Nectam

Oakley Beginner
Hi Everybody my name is Gustavo and I live In Mexico City I will tell you a real history of how you can buy a oakley product here, you may think is esay ,well is not, when I was a young lad, thats back in 1990, there was no oakley store , here in Mexico, all oakley products were smuggled, by people that can travel from Mexico an usa , and back, as oakley products hare expensive, you dont have the chance to buy even if you have the $ there was no ebay in those days,
but you were bombarded by the same JUST LOOK AT THOSE COOL LENS in movies like MI2, or spiderman 1, BHD, Xmen

You buy waht you can, yes fakes, at "black markets " but I did not know waht a fake was,
hell I dont know even now what fakes look like, until I realize that you can have a oakley juliet made of plastick.

So, go to ebay you may think yes the shippin cost will kill you, and thats not the problem, you just work hard, to pay the shipping, the thing is that your oakley original sunglases may get "lost" at customs because the sellesr just use USPS, no ups , no fedex , once you are in the good grace of oakley gods, all refactions are near to impossible to find, exept for the china replicas there is your refactions you may not realize how lucky you are to find your oakley I will post my original and how i manage to fixem whit china parts
and since luxottica buy cheap oakley lens have not been the same , they made just plastic ones too sad

Umm I am not a Lux deffender at all but I believe the lenses are the same ..that lens technology was Lux's reason for buying Oakley. The Styles ..that's a different story. I have never seen any comic book movies butwere Spiderman's eyes white like when I was a kid?...did Oakley make "white" iridium? I only knew an X Men character had Oakleys cuz it was on all the forums..

the piper said:
Umm I am not a Lux deffender at all but I believe the lenses are the same ..that lens technology was Lux's reason for buying Oakley. The Styles ..that's a different story. I have never seen any comic book movies butwere Spiderman's eyes white like when I was a kid?...did Oakley make "white" iridium? I only knew an X Men character had Oakleys cuz it was on all the forums..

Romeo 1s appear in spiderman 1.

hola gustavo yo soy de mexico tambien y escribo en español por que es grato leer algo en español yo soy iguual nuevo aqui y he aprendido myucho leyendo y preguntando
en lo que te pueda ayudar ya sabes

yo naci en el df pero por cuestiones de trabajo llevo 8 años viviendo en campeche

bienvenido paisano

yo he comprado lentes de ebay y me los han mandado hasta mi casa pero siempre con el miedo de las ratas de 2 patas
me tardan mas menos 3 semanas en llegar pero esta evz en semana santa pedi unos vidrios 2 semanasa ntes y me tardaron en llegar como 5 semans yo pense que ya habia perdido ese pedido y ese dinero
los lentes que pedi en ebay eran unos thump rootbear con el miedo de lo que te digo de las ratas de 2 patas o que me quieran cobrar algo en la aduana
y no todo bien no pague nada en aduana y los lentes llegaron vien sin ningun faltante

@lang1_luis please try to post in english . . . otherwise i will answer in hungarian! :laugh:

Back