• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The X-MAN Customs Corner

I'm not entirely sure, but if the "Stealth" is cerakote, I believe it is straight Graphite Black H-146Q. It's an awesome color.

I could be wrong, because he could use a custom blend with another black (Armor Black H-190Q).

Last edited:
You need a flat black paint or a flat clear coat over my stealth black. I use a satin black cerakote but they also make a mat that is really flat. But I think it gets kind of chalky with handling with your fingers and scratches.

A small flat rate box is like $7 something. You can first class it for $2.61. The difference is that with first class you can use whatever box so there is more room than the small flat rate box. I don’t think there is enough room to properly protect a pair in one of those. On the flip side, the small flat rate box comes with $50 insurance which obviously doesn’t cover your glasses but you can buy more.

A small flat rate box is like $7 something. You can first class it for $2.61. The difference is that with first class you can use whatever box so there is more room than the small flat rate box. I don’t think there is enough room to properly protect a pair in one of those. On the flip side, the small flat rate box comes with $50 insurance which obviously doesn’t cover your glasses but you can buy more.
Your idea is better Si

Thanks for the responses. I’m shipping from Canada so it will be slightly different.

Marking the customs form as repair should prevent any duty being charged, right?

And a question about a pair of Gen 1 bone plasma Juliets. If I get the blast refinish done will they still have the issues with discolouration from sweat/oil? Was that issue with a coating Oakley used or a fundamental issue with the xmetal alloy? Am I better off going for Ti O2?

Back