• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The X-MAN Customs Corner

Gen 1 ti02 xx can be done to a mirror finish it just takes triple the time as any others. It wont anodize properly either. Typically I spend 6 or 7 hours alone getting the casting marks out. Then another 10 hours of sand and polish. I'm happy to see you getting into polishing. Work at it and have fun. It's my absolute favorite thing to do. Besides messing with paints.

If I had to spend 20hrs on polishing the price would go thru the roof and nobody would pay......I'm going to retry on a 5th gen just to test my new buffer and polish.
I do it because I enjoy it and want people to have the best mirror finish. Not for the cash but I totally hear you. It's not for everyone. The later the generation the easier it is to do. There are Also tricks to making it easier as you go along. I do everything by hand until the actual polishing compound. I just found I could get into the back areas and smaller bits easier. Again great start hope to see more. Next you'll be anodizing like some of us here.

F16BCD3D-D079-4EF7-8F82-5A00D641EB20.jpeg
I just got my Juliet back from Mark a couple of weeks ago, I’m so satisfied with the tightness on those nosebridge and the xmetal finish on the earstem and nosebridge. I understand that you don’t polish frames coz it’s really time consuming, especially if you don’t have the tools to remove those pins for the nosebridge. I’m still in the process of getting the orbitals really smooth just like a 5th gen plasma. Just using a 400 grit sanding paper to get the correct finish close to plasma 5th gen.

Back