• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The x-man on fakes

THE X-MAN

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
ILLINOIS
So........
i had a film production company approach me on doing a set of custom juliets for an x-men movie shooting in january.i said sure send me what you got.they send me one of the fake juliets....ugh
ive wanted to look at these anyways....the rivit screws are actually a 2 piece design where the front part is screwed into the rear part hence the screw slot on back.first thing i did was ream out the holes that those stupid screws were in and pressed in a set of my normal rivits.the pocket in the nosebridge is too small to accept oem or my rubber so i left in the single flat of rubber that they use.these are aluminum,they cut like aluminum and are non ferrous like aluminum.next i have to install and attach the side blinders and paint altogeather the same funky grey color.the lenses have a pretty color and are etched polarized but they are not.....they are ****.
ill post pictures when im done,but i will not support or repair non oakley knock offs again.
these guys said they'd put my services in the credits so ill do this gig for free.
dont buy crap like this at any price,gas station glasses are better than these,we are sunglass elitists,weve all got the real ****........

On the order form it stated they were cheap fakes,these sideblinders wont fit on oakley juliets,the orbs are different.

I've had similar pairs in my hands, 2-pc screws, etc... the weight was about half that of a proper pair of Juliets. Not only were they aluminum, but hollow. I did not bother trying to disassemble them as I was too concerned about the return logistics (via eBay), not making any modifications on a pair that felt like they were about to fall apart at any moment. These were a dark frame, a little more brown than your average modern carbon. I don't know if I have any pictures left or not... I'll take a look!

Yeah, I was thinking, cool that they're using x-man for some work, lame that they're using fakes...

But then I remembered that making movies is all about faking it, props by nature are fakes, and if they don't have Oakley donating some product placement, well...

At least now we've had a pro open them up and examine them...

It might be different if they sent like 20 pairs in with the intention of blowing them all up! :crazypilot:

...then again they are fake Juliets, even gratuitous explosions of cinematic excess may not be enough to stomach that?

Back