• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The X Metal Frame Finish Thread And Poll

Favorit All Time X Metal Finish

• Carbon

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Polished Carbon

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • X Metal

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Titanium

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • 24K (old gen)

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • 24K (new gen)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TIO2

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Polished

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Plasma

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
Don't think I've seen this on the board yet.....so here goes. Poll is for your all time favorite in any X Metal model. Feel free to share your overall list or comments on your number one pick...here's mine

1. Polished (gets stares EVERYWHERE. Pain in the A** to keep clean and unmarred....but worth it).
2. 24K (the ole one..not the new abomination..if only Oakley made this for Juliet).
3. X Metal (early generations, industrial, otherworld looking...current gen would rank around Plasma on my list).
4. Titanium (many like early generations, I don't...second gen is what plasma should be..a dark industrial silver...almost a Plasma/X Metal hybrid).
5.Polished Carbon (hides a lines a bit...works on XS because of how that frame is designed..makes a dark finish pop enough to be noticed).
6. Carbon (same as Polished Carbon but more subdued...helps pull the color out of Ruby though)
7. Plasma (want your X Metal to like every other metal glass? Here you go. Works decently only with Ice).
8. 24K (new generation...sorry had to include based on my distaste for it).

Wild Card: TIO2. Never owned and like the look...but I think it might not get noticed anymore than standard X Metal etc by the casual observer.

i'll be the first... TiO2!!:big grin:

my ranking would be:
1. TiO2 - just because it looks different
2. X Metal - the older gen darker ones
3. Plasma - the older gen lighter ones, the new darker ones don't stand out
4. Polished
5. Carbon
6. Polished Carbon

I will be the second: Tio2

The Tio2 has always been a favorite of mine because it molds the X Metal and Plasma finish onto one frame. Can't decide which frame to wear that day, (like I have that problem) LOL. The Tio2 frame has that extra head turning quality, that no other frame can come close too. For Oakley enthusiasts and X Metal collectors this is the crown jewel of frame colorways. IMO the Tio2 is hands down the best colorway for an X Metal frame you can have, next to the X Metal XX 24k. I am not a fan of the new 24k Juliet and X Squared. The Tio2 and the X Metal XX 24k are two tone collaborations of pure ecstasy.

Carbon because you cant pair it with almost any lens and look like a boss. Dont own a pair of TiO2 or 24k so i wont know much about them.... Polished and certain lenses like ruby are just weird. P

Latest Posts

Back