• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The XX rated... I mean...the xx xmetal thread.

This pair has a story and one I value because of the teamwork involved to help another member out.
Cliff notes:
- I acquired this frame as a 24k that came to me battered bruised and literally in pieces. My intent was to custom it.
- before it arrived this awesome personality showed up on the forum excited and looking for a RX X metal. Within a matter of a brief conversation I had made a friend and sold him the frame for what it cost me. @Mr.Bill is his name and one of the friendliest good people you will meet!
- got @THE X-MAN on board and sent it directly to him where he did his magic! Notice the gold accent pins and screws! 😍
- then they went to the master magician of lenses @Chris A Hardaway who cut a RX in photochromic bronze lenses
- off to Mr.Bill they went but as some good intentions would have it they did not fit his super wide profile 😩
- big bummer and a heavy investment for him that I was determined not to stick him with so I bought the frame back at what it cost him minus the lenses (they will be on a sale thread with all proceeds going back to Bill.) I sent him a A-fit Ferrari badman as a gift (cause by now he is a friend and that’s what friends do) and volunteered to recoup as much as I can on the RX. Bill lives in Canada so I recommended to him to use @SouLFuLFroG if he likes them and customize them there since he got nailed with a $80 import fee coming from America. (Lesson learned there)

So this pair is special to me! It has the art and skill of two of the best customizer and cutter here and a friendship made in the process.
Lastly my golden brother @docrusty supplied me with a excellent cut gold iridium lens set!
View attachment 969947View attachment 969948View attachment 969949
Dang! Gorgeous pair . One of the last XX customs I’m wanting to get done.. All black cerakote (probably the elite line that @zwc0442 uses) with the 24K lens

Dang! Gorgeous pair . One of the last XX customs I’m wanting to get done.. All black cerakote (probably the elite line that @zwc0442 uses) with the 24K lens
Yes they are! I started with the 24k in them and I do believe if I changed the rubber set they would be awesome! It was just to much contrast for this particular setup and I have wanted the black and yellow look for awhile … here’s how they looked with 24k before I toned em down

Zach’s black variations are awesome!!!!
D33325F4-BC7E-4C00-A42E-0D116BE7E6C8.jpeg

My only pair of XX currently. Originally purchased just the frame without lenses. I’m trying out these aftermarket Jade lenses but they aren’t that great of quality. So I’m going to do some customizing with them. Thinking about a white or blue sock kit & Im gonna spend the extra $ to get some Linegear lenses for them. View attachment 987317
Or have a chat with @Chris A Hardaway about cutting you some prizm OEM Oakley lenses?